Windows 10: Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Discus and support Can i use the same product key in the same pc? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Imjustnew, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Imjustnew Win User

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media.

:)

Imjustnew, Mar 29, 2021
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Mar 29, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Mar 29, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Can i use the same product key in the same pc? - Similar Threads - same product key

2. Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC: I work for a major defense contractor, and we’re building up systems that include PCs with no domain or connectivity outside the standalone network. Our PC supplier buys Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 licenses for us, and provides those unique license keys along with the PC. To...
  3. Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC: I work for a major defense contractor, and we’re building up systems that include PCs with no domain or connectivity outside the standalone network. Our PC supplier buys Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 licenses for us, and provides those unique license keys along with the PC. To...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY: Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help...
  6. Product ID changed after entering the same Product key in the same PC

Product ID changed after entering the same Product key in the same PC: Hi,My product ID changed after entering the same product Key which is XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3V66T on the same PC. So is there any way to get my Product ID back?...
  7. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  8. Using the same product key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using the same product key twice?: I've been thinking of making a new PC using Windows 10. I have a laptop that was once running Windows 7, but then got the free update to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Would I be able to transfer the Windows 10 key to a different computer and make it activated? If so, how?...
  9. Can I use dual OS with same product key?

Can I use dual OS with same product key?: Hello, I have two windows operating systems Win7 & Win10 on my pc. Win7 is activated however the other is not. Is it possible to activate the Win10 OS with the same product key?...
  10. Same product key for all?

Same product key for all?: Ok I decided I would undergo some testing & I whipped out some unused laptops with windows 7 home on them. I upgraded all 5 to windows 10. I used a program called produkey to show me my product key with network disabled for safety. Well it displayed internet explorer product...