Windows 10: Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux?

Discus and support Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My wife uses Windows for everything. I like linux, but need Windows for gaming. I have a copy of Win10 installed natively. I want to experiment with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SellingSelling, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux?

My wife uses Windows for everything. I like linux, but need Windows for gaming. I have a copy of Win10 installed natively. I want to experiment with running games on a Win10 virtual machine under Linux. The enterprise evaluation copy I'm using as a VM now has already expired (what does that mean, anyway?) Can I install Win10 as a VM using the same copy of Win10 I bought? I should be able to, morally. I'll be damned if I'm buying 2 licenses for the same computer.

:)

SellingSelling, Dec 23, 2018

2. Question on Win10 Home migration from a physical PC to a KVM VM

Hello,

I recently purchased an HP desktop machine that came with a legal windows 10 home license, preinstalled.

I would like to keep this windows 10, but as a virtual machinerunning on the same hardware. I'd like to use a linux distribution
    as the host OS for the VMs (there would be the Win10 VM, and a few other linux VMs).

Is this type of setup allowed or does it invalidate the windows 10 license?

I already have the key from typing

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Would I have to get (presumably from Microsoft) a Windows 10 Home cd image file to install in as a guest OS?

DavidSalgueiro, Dec 23, 2018
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Running win10 pro x64 after running linux peppermint x64 on same pc. not duel boot or in vm things are out of wack on both

Running win10 pro x64 after running linux peppermint x64 on same pc. not duel boot or in vm things are out of wack on both.

What takes place, system bios is minus the time the other os was running,, can be a few minutes to a few days.

Keyboard and mouse does not load properly, turning off the psu by the power switch will fix this.

The setup; win10 runs independent, same devices connected to the pc, mouse, keyboard, sound chip,gpu,

lan, Xbox, 360 usb.

Linux peppermint on separate usb hard drive, no win10 drives being mounted in linux.

Reason for the post; win10 is said to run ubuatan native in a vm on win10, but not even stable in its own environment.

It has been said from many sources in the forums and on the web that an os can not modify the bios in any way but from

my experience this is not true.

If I change the time in the bios configuration settings, it is reflected on the next os that is booted.

But for the last os booted the keyboard or mouse become disabled, do not work unless the psu is cycled to off and on again.

kjl1956, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Derek12 Win User

Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux?

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux?

1. Can I use the same Win10 license to install native AND as a VM under Linux? - Similar Threads - same Win10 license

2. Can a Physical Server and a VM Server coexist with the same license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a Physical Server and a VM Server coexist with the same license?: We have a client that has recently cloned their physical 2012 server, running Parallels, to a VM server. They want to use this VM server as fall back when and if that physical server goes down. This VM will only be turned once the physical server is down allowing remote users...
  3. Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?: Hi everyone,I want to use Garuda Linux on my Azure VM by either using an ORACLE VIRTUALBOX or ANY OTHER suitable way.But for that I need Hyper-V which is not available in any Azure VMs. I know nested virtualization exists, but I tried various VM sizes, Ds2_v3, e-series and...
  4. Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?

Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?: Hi everyone,I want to use Garuda Linux on my Azure VM by either using an ORACLE VIRTUALBOX or ANY OTHER suitable way.But for that I need Hyper-V which is not available in any Azure VMs. I know nested virtualization exists, but I tried various VM sizes, Ds2_v3, e-series and...
  5. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  6. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?: A few years ago I built a Ryzen 7 1700/Asus Rog mATX system. I decided to upgrade to a B550/Ryzen 5600X just swapping out the Motherboard/CPU and adding a new GEN4 m.2SSD. I want to dual-boot Win10/Win10, with my current system m.2 SSD, with all my software and clean Windows...
  7. Can I dual-boot Win10/Win10 on the same machine with the same Windows License?

8. Can I use the same non-OEM licence in dual boot environment? W10 & Linux + VM?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use the same non-OEM licence in dual boot environment? W10 & Linux + VM?: Hello. I have one PC with dual boot systems. One is licensed Windows 10 Pro, and second one is Ubuntu. What I want to do is use my Windows 10 retail licence key in VM while running Linux. I don't see any way this would break the EULA / ToS since I am the only user who...
  9. How can I install Linux apps on Windows natively using WSL2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I install Linux apps on Windows natively using WSL2?: I have recently updated to version 2004 and enabled WSL2 via the instructions provided by Microsoft. I have installed Ubuntu. I want to know if it is possible to install GUI apps natively without any server. submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  10. Linux VM's -- RAW HDD's - which native file system to use

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM's -- RAW HDD's - which native file system to use: Hi folks just wondering if any performance gurus out there using Linux VM's with physical HDD's / SSD's have done any analysis on which file system(s) should they use for maximum Disk performance --- I'm interested when the Physical disk(s) is /are used rather than using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i use my license on a vm can i use it again on a new vm

2. can i use windows key for virtual machine

3. can i use product key for win10 VM