Windows 10: Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

Discus and support Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JerinIsac, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've tried a a lot of "fixes" in my research and at this point I'm thinking about just doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I even restored the computer and it still crashes. I still have the product key and I never upgraded from a previous version of Windows. So my question is that once I try to do the fresh install, would I still be able to use the same key to activate this new install or do I need to get another copy?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/JerinIsac
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JerinIsac, Jan 9, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

Delta6326, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

1. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install? - Similar Threads - same Key fresh

2. Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my old Product Key for a newer version of Windows on a fresh installation?: Recently my old PC died and I just build another one. On my old PC I used a retail Product Key of Windows 8.1 and I know that I can use it again on my new PC as long that I delete my old device on my account. But do I need to reinstall Windows 8.1, activate it and then...
  3. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY: Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help...
  4. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  5. Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?

Can I re-use the same key on the same computer when reinstalling Windows 10?: Hello. I got my key as a gift ~2 years ago Home edition. I need to downgrade my Windows 10 build to the very old one. I know what I'm doing and I don't have a system restore point because I didn't even have this build installed. So, can I use the same key on the same PC...
  6. Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?: i’m going to start afresh with a new install of Windows on an SSD that i bought to replace my HDD. i already factory reset the PC so all that’s on the HDD is the OS and the stock applications so there’s no point me cloning the drive across. i still have my Windows 10 USB so...
  7. Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?: My original boot drive died so I have to buy a new one. Can I use my old key on a new drive? It will be in the same PC. submitted by /u/JaquariousLaFonte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frmmcz/can_i_used_the_same_windows_10_key_twice/
  8. Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?: So I just installed windows 10 pro without product key. now I want to activate it using OEM key (cause it cost less). can I activate windows without a fresh install? Also is it safe to activate windows using OEM key (like from eBay)?...
  9. Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?

Can i use the product key of pre installed windows 10 in fresh install in SSD on same laptop?: I want to install SSD in my Dell Inspiron 7559. I have a pre installed copy of Windows 10 running in hardisk at the moment. My question is if I install fresh copy of windows 10 from Microsoft online store, then can i use the product key of the current windows installed in...
  10. Same Account on a Fresh Install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same Account on a Fresh Install?: I’m planning on building my own pc soon and I was wondering if you could sign into your old microsoft account while installing Windows on the new pc. Every video that I’ve watched when they install Windows it says, “who’s going to use this pc?” They then proceed to create a...