Windows 10: can i use the windows 10 product key from my now dead pc on my new pc

Discus and support can i use the windows 10 product key from my now dead pc on my new pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my laptop with windows 10 home crashed so I went and bought a new one on 13 Aug 2018. I found out the windows 10 home version on the new laptop is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AllanJF, Aug 14, 2018.

1. AllanJF Win User

can i use the windows 10 product key from my now dead pc on my new pc

my laptop with windows 10 home crashed so I went and bought a new one on 13 Aug 2018. I found out the windows 10 home version on the new laptop is a "single language version". Can I upgrade to a normal Home version or use the product key from my other laptop which crashed to have a normal Windows 10 Home version? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AllanJF, Aug 14, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 14, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. can i use the windows 10 product key from my now dead pc on my new pc - Similar Threads - product key dead

2. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  3. can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i use my windows 10 product key for new pc?: my current desktop has windows 11 it was offered as a free upgrade from w10. and i was wondering if i could use the same product key for my new pc? and if not, do i have to buy a new license?...
  4. If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?: My old computer is dead I was wandering if I can use the same windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-old-computer-is-dead-can-i-use-the-windows/d85eb9c5-df62-49d5-8961-743e0e9b3e65
  5. If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?: My old computer is dead I was wandering if I can use the same windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-old-computer-is-dead-can-i-use-the-windows/d85eb9c5-df62-49d5-8961-743e0e9b3e65
  6. If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I use my Windows 7 key for Windows 10 on my new PC?

Can I use my Windows 7 key for Windows 10 on my new PC?: So I have a win 7 CD with key, can I download win 10 on a USB stick and install win 10 as usual and enter the win 7 key? Kann ich meinen Windows 7 key für Windows 10 auf meinen neuen PC verwenden?
  8. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my old pc to my new pc?: Hello, I just bought myself a new PC and how can I move my Windows 10 product key from my old PC to my new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-windows-10-product-key-from-my/798577c0-51bc-4255-b7ee-66692a4af82a
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?

Can I transfer my Windows 10 product key from my laptop to my pc?: ok so I have a lot of explaining to do so forgive me but... I have a PC that is running windows XP and I want to upgrade it to windows 10 for free. I have actually figured out a legal way! I'm gonna install Windows 7 from an iso, and as you know, you can use Windows 7...
  10. Can I use my Windows 10 key on my new PC?

Can I use my Windows 10 key on my new PC?: So I got a new PC and discarded my old one. But I upgraded my old PC to 10. Can I use it's key on my new PC? Will it work? Please reply. 9987

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp can i reuse the win10 product key from a dead computer