Windows 10: Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista?

Discus and support Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Index - Windows Search Service I'm having a huge problem where things simply won't search on my laptop, and the Microsoft folder isn't even in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Invisicow, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Invisicow Win User

Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista?

Index - Windows Search Service

I'm having a huge problem where things simply won't search on my laptop, and the Microsoft folder isn't even in Program Files, so I'm unsure if the other methods are even safe. *Huh

:)

Invisicow, Sep 16, 2015

2. Cant find app in search

Hi,

We are glad that you found a solution.

Let us know if you have any queries with Windows 10 and we will be glad to assist.

Ravinath P, Sep 16, 2015
  3. windows search crashing with event ID 7040

A couple of times a week my Search Index crashes with:

Source: Event ID: Meaning:

Search 7040 Found corrupt data

Search 7042 Service Windows Seach stopping because of corrupt data

Search 1013 Service is stopped

Search 1008 Trying to remove old index-files

Search 1010 Index-files successfully removed

Search 1004 Starting to rebuild new index

(The above is translated from my danish eventviewer - guess it makes more sence than copying the danish terms)

I've found several "solutions" for this - everyone one of them basicly suggesting "rebuild index". Not that helpfull Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista? :)

What I need is a tool / way to troubleshoot Windows Indexing, so I can see which objects / files is the cause of my index going corrupt.

Does anyone know of such a tool - or other helpfull suggestions?

Carsten Midtgaard (cami), Sep 16, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Ultra Search is one of the better programs out there. It uses the MBR for its index, vs. Windows Search using a Index database that can get screwed up.

bro67, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Can I use this Windows Search / Indexing solution from Windows Vista? - Similar Threads - Search Indexing solution

2. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search Index: Hi,When I search my computer, I can find files with the word I'm searching for. But what I want to find is the contents of office files that have the word I searched for. So I want to add the contents of office files to the search index.In the search index advanced settings...
  3. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index: Hi,When I search my computer, I can find files with the word I'm searching for. But what I want to find is the contents of office files that have the word I searched for. So I want to add the contents of office files to the search index.In the search index advanced settings...
  4. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: hello the search in taskbar stopped working for some reason it i think crashes when i type or click on something in it, i have tried running the trouble shooter multiple times nothing, did this thing with power shell still nothing, did the w + r and then command Still nothing...
  6. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  7. Window search and indexing

in Cortana
    Window search and indexing: I can only fine file names if i type a word in search box but i want to find indexed file content and files which contain the word i type. I tried to solve in many ways such as rebuilding indexes and changing permissions but nothing got different. I don't have such problems...
  8. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  9. search indexer using cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search indexer using cpu: hello. the search indexer is consumin all my cpu making my pc hot and slow. I have tryed disabling it many times in the services menu but it just still there. the idenxing options is stuck "in waiting to receive indexing status..." dont know what elese to do plis help....
  10. Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I use the Windows Mail I used with Vista?: I have no desire to use the mail app in windows 10. I've been using windows mail for years and prefer that more than any other program. I still have other accounts like gmail, etc., but I really can't stand the windows 10 mail. I must be the old dog who can't or rather will...