Windows 10: Can I use USB for LPT1?

Discus and support Can I use USB for LPT1? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I have downloaded and installed my printer driver--but I think I chose the wrong port. How do I choose? Does my USB function as LPT1? Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mulvenea, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Mulvenea Win User

Can I use USB for LPT1?

Hi. I have downloaded and installed my printer driver--but I think I chose the wrong port. How do I choose? Does my USB function as LPT1? Thanks!

:)

Mulvenea, Jun 26, 2019
  2. JohnTimms Win User

problem with scanner on LPt1

i am having problems trying to run a plustek opticpro a3i scanner on lpt1.it did not work. I have got a usb to lpt1 and it does not allow me to to load the software or even change the compatability. the scanner software is for win 95. I have used this with
    windows up to and including xp. will you please advise if i can take any further action.

JohnTimms, Jun 26, 2019
  3. MC73 Win User
    Asus P5QSE2 and LPT1

I just purchased the board and I need an LPT1 for an older HP 4000 laser printer .
    Board does not have an LPT1 so I bought a PCI e card that has a parallel port and 2 COM ports.
    Problem I have is ... HP printer can't be seen by the device manager.
    What do I have to do in order to use my HP. I do not have a network card installed in the printer and I can't buy one.... price and age of printer.

Any advice?

Thank you very much for your time.

Michael

4. thraxed Win User

Can I use USB for LPT1?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Can I use USB for LPT1?

1. Can I use USB for LPT1? - Similar Threads - USB LPT1

2. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  3. how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i automatically lock my screen when a yubikey is removed from the usb slot on Win11?: I have a Yubikey 5 NFC security key that i use to login with, i want to automatically lock my desktop screen when i remove this security key essentially making it impossible to log back in because I've set as a requirement after coming out of screen lock. I've searched event...
  4. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home edition 32 bit. My mechine supports 64 bit os. Now i have not an usb to install 64 bit windows image. The direct upgarde isn't possible in 32 bit from 64 bit. How to replace my 32 bit os with 64 bit...
  5. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb: I have a laptop with Windows 10 home edition 32 bit. My mechine supports 64 bit os. Now i have not an usb to install 64 bit windows image. The direct upgarde isn't possible in 32 bit from 64 bit. How to replace my 32 bit os with 64 bit...
  6. Repacing 32 bit os with 64 bit without usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 MTP for USB Device iPhone is failing during transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 MTP for USB Device iPhone is failing during transfer: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkFzlsBGzgPYgSRFMvpvX5yrfB0p?e=4a0YL5 - InformationHi, I've found a strange issue with Explorer trying to do a copy of image data from my iPhone 6 to a Desktop folder in Windows 10. I decided to attach WinDBG to get output because the issue is intermittent...
  8. Windows 10 MTP for USB Device iPhone is failing during transfer

Windows 10 MTP for USB Device iPhone is failing during transfer: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkFzlsBGzgPYgSRFMvpvX5yrfB0p?e=4a0YL5 - InformationHi, I've found a strange issue with Explorer trying to do a copy of image data from my iPhone 6 to a Desktop folder in Windows 10. I decided to attach WinDBG to get output because the issue is intermittent...
  9. Windows 10 MTP for USB Device iPhone is failing during transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legacy lpt win10 1903 0378