Windows 10: Can i use wifi while using usb tethering?

Discus and support Can i use wifi while using usb tethering? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my pc has wifi. when i connect my phone with usb, for usb tethering, it changes to "ethernet 2". now i want the phone's internet to only work on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aviranx, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Can i use wifi while using usb tethering?

my pc has wifi. when i connect my phone with usb, for usb tethering, it changes to "ethernet 2". now i want the phone's internet to only work on one program, and the rest will continue using wifi. is it possible?

submitted by /u/aviranx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aviranx, Feb 8, 2021
  2. garym123 Win User

USB Internet tethering

Have to do the last one first. You knew the answer to your question when you posted, popular request at Microsoft site.

Up to the manufacturer? No. To be able to tether a phone a USB modem driver has to be installed as part of the USB cable driver. See a modem?

Safety of WiFi? It's pretty safe when your phone is creating the Wi/Fi connection.

Using the phone as a modem, USB tethering, is old technology. Using the phone to create a WiFi Hotspot for several devices is the new technology. Wouldn't want to tke a step back would we.

garym123, Feb 8, 2021
  3. USB TETHERING THROUGH THIRD PARTY APP AND SHARING THE CONNECTION TO ETHERNET PORT AND ROUTER.

Thanks for the reply. Question, since I'm not using wifi and I AM usb tethering andriod device to get connection should I change the name of that connection and follow steps you listed above the same way?

xPappalilbit83x, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Kasser Win User

Can i use wifi while using usb tethering?

Kasser, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Can i use wifi while using usb tethering?

1. Can i use wifi while using usb tethering? - Similar Threads - wifi while using

2. No internet whether using usb tethering/Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet whether using usb tethering/Wifi: When I use MY phone for internet using usb tethering/ wifi ,it shows connected but no internet.But when i switch to another phone it works fine.This happened before but fixed on its own.Can anyone help,its really inconvenient and just stops my work altogether.OS-Windows 10...
  3. No internet whether using usb tethering/Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet whether using usb tethering/Wifi: When I use MY phone for internet using usb tethering/ wifi ,it shows connected but no internet.But when i switch to another phone it works fine.This happened before but fixed on its own.Can anyone help,its really inconvenient and just stops my work altogether.OS-Windows 10...
  4. No internet whether using usb tethering/Wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant use usb tethering on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use usb tethering on pc: So the thing is that recently I connected my pc to the tv to play games on high graphics but then when I tried using usb tethering to get internet there it said that it can't find a usb device that is connected to this pc so I searched a lot in internet by downloading drivers...
  6. Cant use usb tethering on pc

Cant use usb tethering on pc: So the thing is that recently I connected my pc to the tv to play games on high graphics but then when I tried using usb tethering to get internet there it said that it can't find a usb device that is connected to this pc so I searched a lot in internet by downloading drivers...
  7. BSOD when I use USB-Tethering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I use USB-Tethering: My computer crashes randomly when I use usb tethering rather than normal ethernet. Usually crashes when watching youtube or browsing web, not when gaming.All the instabilities go away when I use the ethernet port at the back of the pc....
  8. BSOD when I use USB-Tethering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I use USB-Tethering: My computer crashes randomly when I use usb tethering rather than normal ethernet. Usually crashes when watching youtube or browsing web, not when gaming.All the instabilities go away when I use the ethernet port at the back of the pc....
  9. BSOD when I use USB-Tethering

10. Could i use USB tethering while reseting my pc win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could i use USB tethering while reseting my pc win 10: Hello there,Today i decided to reset my sluggish pc and make it like smooth again for me to useso please consider to clear my question=> could i use USB tethering while doing any of Cloud or Local reinstall win 10 Kindly answer fast...