Windows 10: Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?

Discus and support Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a win 10 license for my PC in 2016 and installed it. I'm gonna buy a laptop without an o/s. Can I use my license to install win 10 on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Feb 23, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop?

I bought a win 10 license for my PC in 2016 and installed it. I'm gonna buy a laptop without an o/s. Can I use my license to install win 10 on this laptop?

:)

yahanna, Feb 23, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Feb 23, 2019
  4. LaytonJnr Win User

How to move Win 7 license over to a new rig?

AFAIK, OEM licenses will have a Product ID that usually contain "OEM" within it - it can be found under Control Panel > System > Windows Activation (usually).

Layton

LaytonJnr, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I Use Win 10 License on PC and Laptop? - Similar Threads - License Laptop

2. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  3. Windows license copy from laptop to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows license copy from laptop to PC: Hello! I have a laptop with Win 11 installed on it and thinking to buy a PC. Do I need to purchase with preinstalled Windows or can I install it myself since I do have a copy on the laptop?...
  4. Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?: I bought a used Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on ebay that came with Windows 11 RTM Professional Retail. I am concerned there might be a problem with the operating system, because I saw some to me red flags / unexpected results please see attached pictures: 1 wmic command does...
  5. Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?

Problem with W11 license on laptop I bought?: I bought a used Dell Latitude 5590 laptop on ebay that came with Windows 11 RTM Professional Retail. I am concerned there might be a problem with the operating system, because I saw some to me red flags / unexpected results please see attached pictures: 1 wmic command does...
  6. I got windows 11 licensed on my laptop

I got windows 11 licensed on my laptop: I got windows 11 licensed on my laptop, if i install windows 11 on my new pc and then log into my microsoft account do i still need to purchase license or will it go over from my laptop? because im planning on buying new pc and selling laptop away because i dont really need...
  7. I got windows 11 licensed on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got windows 11 licensed on my laptop: I got windows 11 licensed on my laptop, if i install windows 11 on my new pc and then log into my microsoft account do i still need to purchase license or will it go over from my laptop? because im planning on buying new pc and selling laptop away because i dont really need...
  8. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  9. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  10. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...