Windows 10: Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

Discus and support Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i’m going to start afresh with a new install of Windows on an SSD that i bought to replace my HDD. i already factory reset the PC so all that’s on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlumpTrump, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

i’m going to start afresh with a new install of Windows on an SSD that i bought to replace my HDD. i already factory reset the PC so all that’s on the HDD is the OS and the stock applications so there’s no point me cloning the drive across.

i still have my Windows 10 USB so i was wondering if i boot from that with my SSD in the PC instead of my old HDD, will the activation key work?

i hope that makes sense

submitted by /u/PlumpTrump
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlumpTrump, Jun 25, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 25, 2020
  4. r.h.p Win User

Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC?

1. Can i use Windows 10 activation key on a new install on the same PC? - Similar Threads - activation key install

2. Reuse Windows 10 Activation Key on the Same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Windows 10 Activation Key on the Same PC: The Windows 10 activation key is still valid on my PC and I want to reinstall the Windows 10. Can I still use that activation key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reuse-windows-10-activation-key-on-the-same-pc/86e3715a-274d-4eaf-8374-b1df5b0c999d
  3. CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I INSTALL WINDOWS IN SSD ON SAME DEVICE USING THE SAME PRODUCT KEY: Recently , I bought a new ssd , i have original windows installed in my hdd , so can I install the windows on ssd using the same product key that of in hdd? Is it possible , and both hdd and ssd are in same device , plz help...
  4. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  5. Can I activate Windows 10 on a new device with a product key I used on an old PC?

Can I activate Windows 10 on a new device with a product key I used on an old PC?: Note: I used Command Prompt to Uninstall the product key from the old PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-activate-windows-10-on-a-new-device-with-a/4d44ee4c-0792-4ef3-9f6d-83c7a3e1c147
  6. Infected by ransomeware, reinstalling windows, can i use same activation key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infected by ransomeware, reinstalling windows, can i use same activation key?: I recently got infected by a .vpsh ransomware, there isnt any important data i wanted to recover, so i thought i moight just reinstall windows, but will i be able to activate windows with the same activation key as this windows? And will ransomeware be removed if i just...
  7. Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I re-activate a Windows 10 OEM key in the same PC?: I have my Windows installation activated with a OEM key. Let's say that, for some reason, I had to erase my hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows. Would I be able to activate this new copy on the exact same PC with my old key? submitted by /u/JuanM04 [link]...
  8. Can I use the same activation key of Windows 10 Home if my PC decides to unactivate itself?

Can I use the same activation key of Windows 10 Home if my PC decides to unactivate itself?: Hello! So I wanted to delete all my files and start up Windows 10 Home by using the “Clean all my drives” option on Reset this PC, (I don’t want to recycle/give away my PC by the way but I want to securely feel like none of my data is recoverable) and i’m very concerned if...
  9. Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?

Can I used the same windows 10 key twice?: My original boot drive died so I have to buy a new one. Can I use my old key on a new drive? It will be in the same PC. submitted by /u/JaquariousLaFonte [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frmmcz/can_i_used_the_same_windows_10_key_twice/
  10. Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?

Can I use the same Windows 10 Key for a fresh install?: So currently I'm having an issue with the CoD Modern Warfare game crashing and giving me a "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error" message. I've tried a a lot of "fixes" in my research and at this point I'm thinking about just doing a fresh install of Windows 10. I even...