Windows 10: Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?

Discus and support Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; can I use my windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10 on same laptop? I am asking this because, unfortunately, I forgot my laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kenthvicente, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?

can I use my windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10 on same laptop? I am asking this because, unfortunately, I forgot my laptop's password. I already watched youtube tutorials on how to change or reset password but I am doubtful of these tutorials online and the best way I can see to resolve my problem is to install new windows 10 on my laptop. But before you fully install new windows 10 on you laptop, the program will ask product key, right? So I am asking if I can use my windows 10 oem product key to the newly installed windows 10 at the same laptop?

asus x407u 4gb ram, nvidia mx130 2gb. under warranty as of writing.

:)

kenthvicente, Jun 10, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 10, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

It needs a key if it has never had windows 10 installed on it before.

cdawall, Jun 10, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10?

1. Can I use windows 10 oem product key to newly installed windows 10? - Similar Threads - oem product key

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key: Hi All, I am upgrading my laptop hard drive from SATA to ssd, the windows version which I had got along with my laptop as oem edition windows 8.1 in these years it has been upgraded to windows 10 pro. Now I am facing issue in installing windows 10 pro in my ssd as Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?: After roughly 3-4 months of using Windows 11, I'm starting to despise it. I'd like to return to Windows 10, but the problem is that I'm using a laptop with the product key already installed. Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?...
  6. How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I install Windows 10 using the embedded product key?: After roughly 3-4 months of using Windows 11, I'm starting to despise it. I'd like to return to Windows 10, but the problem is that I'm using a laptop with the product key already installed. Is it possible to reinstall Windows 10 with the same product key?...
  7. Oem Product key already used after windows installation

Oem Product key already used after windows installation: I recently bought a new computer, and bought a Windows 10 pro OEM product key. I then inserted the key and installed windows, with no error. After it was done installing, it rebooted and brought me back to the installer screen. I was confused but I just inserted the product...
  8. Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?

Can i activate Windows 10 using OEM Key without fresh install?: So I just installed windows 10 pro without product key. now I want to activate it using OEM key (cause it cost less). can I activate windows without a fresh install? Also is it safe to activate windows using OEM key (like from eBay)?...
  9. Can an OEM Windows 7/8/8.1 product key be used to activate Windows 10?

Can an OEM Windows 7/8/8.1 product key be used to activate Windows 10?: Whats First Big Update (Which Arrives Today) I have read the above article. My understanding is that a user can clean-install and activate Windows 10 on a computer running Windows 7/8/8.1 that has never been upgraded to Windows 10 as long as the user has a valid Windows...
  10. Can windows 10 use a windows 8 OEM key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can windows 10 use a windows 8 OEM key?: I have a laptop that originally had windows 8 on it. In its long life the drive got formatted many times, many different OSs were installed on it and now I even have a completely different drive. What I mean to say is that there are not recovery partitions or anything like...