Windows 10: Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

Discus and support Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have recently migrated one of our Win 10 Pro systems to a new physical system using cloning software. Our IT tech supplied us a Win 11 OEM install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robert__S, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Robert__S Win User

Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

We have recently migrated one of our Win 10 Pro systems to a new physical system using cloning software. Our IT tech supplied us a Win 11 OEM install disk. We do not wish to upgrade our Win 10 to Win 11 because we use some old business software which won't be compatible. Can we use the Win11 Pro product key to activate our copy of Win10 on new hardware? Otherwise we'll need to return the disk to our tech and purchase a Win 10 activation key.

:)

Robert__S, Apr 22, 2022
  2. Aquinus Win User

windows 10 key

You need to upgrade the first time around. Once you upgrade, you can use that key for a clean installation. I've done 2 clean installations with my Windows 7 key since I upgraded to 10 the first time around.

Aquinus, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 22, 2022
  4. dom99 Win User

windows 10 key

I haven't read all the replies but I can tell you that doing a fresh install of windows 10 and using your windows 8 product key does not work. I spent 2 hours on the phone to microsoft and unless something has changed in the last couple of months you have to install windows 8 and upgrade from there (using methods stated in this thread).

Although it does automatically activate when doing a fresh install of windows 10 when windows 8 was previously activated.

I cheated in the end after getting frustrated and used an MSDN licence from work which I will have to stop using at some point *Frown Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10 :(

dom99, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - licence key activate

2. Can I use a Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11?: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished laptop and it comes bundled with a Windows 10 Pro product key. I've checked and my computer is compatible with Windows 11 Pro so I would like to install that version instead.My question is, if I install Windows 11 from an USB drive, can I...
  3. Can I use a Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a Windows 10 key to activate Windows 11?: Hello, I have purchased a refurbished laptop and it comes bundled with a Windows 10 Pro product key. I've checked and my computer is compatible with Windows 11 Pro so I would like to install that version instead.My question is, if I install Windows 11 from an USB drive, can I...
  4. Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10: Hi, I have one query, one of the my friends is using Windows -11 Volume license. but due to some software dependability his required the win-10. So he asking his required to purchase new windows-10 license key. or he could be downgrade Windows-11 OS to Windows-10. Please...
  5. Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10: Hi, I have one query, one of the my friends is using Windows -11 Volume license. but due to some software dependability his required the win-10. So he asking his required to purchase new windows-10 license key. or he could be downgrade Windows-11 OS to Windows-10. Please...
  6. Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

7. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  8. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  9. Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10: We have recently migrated one of our Win 10 Pro systems to a new physical system using cloning software. Our IT tech supplied us a Win 11 OEM install disk. We do not wish to upgrade our Win 10 to Win 11 because we use some old business software which won't be compatible. Can...
  10. Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10

Can I use Windows 11 licence key to activate Windows 10: We have recently migrated one of our Win 10 Pro systems to a new physical system using cloning software. Our IT tech supplied us a Win 11 OEM install disk. We do not wish to upgrade our Win 10 to Win 11 because we use some old business software which won't be compatible. Can...