Windows 10: can I use Windows 7 Home Premium key use with Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support can I use Windows 7 Home Premium key use with Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 64 bit Pro bootable DVD. I just bought a used older Sony Viao laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. It came with an authentic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zoldos, Jul 9, 2019.

1. zoldos Win User

can I use Windows 7 Home Premium key use with Windows 10 Pro?

I have a Windows 10 64 bit Pro bootable DVD. I just bought a used older Sony Viao laptop with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. It came with an authentic Windows 7 key. Can I use this to do a fresh install of Windows 10 from the DVD? Thanks!

:)

zoldos, Jul 9, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $90.00

Windows 7 Home Premium OEM $90.00 was $110 bucks!

This is the full version of Windows 7 Home Premium. It's key features include Jump Lists that keep the things you use most right in front of you as well as it's desktop enhancements that allow you to snap windows to both sides to easily view both at the same time.

fairytale00, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. can I use Windows 7 Home Premium key use with Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Home Premium key

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key: This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths...
  6. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key: This site says it should work, but it does not. Or do I understand it wrong?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/upgrade/windows-10-upgrade-paths...
  7. Can not activate windows 10 Pro with windows 7 Home Premium Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.

Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.: Can I use window 7 pro product as window 10 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-window-7-pro-product-key-in-window-10/ec30493e-c1ce-4f97-a3eb-2dea2462c4aa
  9. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key: I bought this new Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. I have an old Windows 7 pro key(currently not used on any other machine) that I would like to use to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I get following error message: The last product key (ID: some number...
  10. Can we use windows 7 home premium license key (OA) to use with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can we use windows 7 home premium license key (OA) to use with windows 10: I have an windows 7 home premium OA license key . Now i upgrade to windows 10 and no longer use that key , my cousin have a old gaming laptop from 2007 he needs to upgrade to windows 10 .Can i use my old OA key to use it with windows 10 ?[ATTACH]...