Windows 10: Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device...

Discus and support Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I use Windows backup and recovery to backup an network drive to a USB key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BethDoubt, May 16, 2022.

1. BethDoubt Win User

Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device...

Can I use Windows backup and recovery to backup an network drive to a USB key?

:)

BethDoubt, May 16, 2022
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, May 16, 2022
  3. Steevo Win User
    Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, May 16, 2022
  4. Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device...

RAID recovery

Heya, usually you need to set your storage configuration in BIOS to AHCI or RAID first.

Switch to RAID in BIOS and than (I only know this for Intel Systems), restart your PC.

At the beginning of the bootsequence you should see an additional screen, with a detail list of RAID drives.

It should list your drive too, if not, than it is not a RAID0 any more.

If it can boot back to your system, you should immediately backup all data you need.

The problem is RAID is a one-way process (at least for Windows).

After you got your backups, reboot and set your BIOS storage settings back to AHCI or RAID1 or whatever you wanted. Than you can format your drive and reinstall the new OS.

Hope this will help you out.

Annoyed_Chris, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device...

1. Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device... - Similar Threads - backup recovery files

2. Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive...: Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive which is a SATA 3 SSD2.5"? They will both be 1tb, but will it work due to one drive being a M.2 NVME and one being a SATA 3 SSD 2.5"? Will be using AMD Ryzen 5 5600g and windows 10 or...
  3. Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive...: Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive which is a SATA 3 SSD2.5"? They will both be 1tb, but will it work due to one drive being a M.2 NVME and one being a SATA 3 SSD 2.5"? Will be using AMD Ryzen 5 5600g and windows 10 or...
  4. Can you do a Raid backup from the boot drive which is m.2 NVME SSD to the raid backup drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use Windows backup and recovery to back up my files which are a network RAID device...: Can I use Windows backup and recovery to backup an network drive to a USB key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-backup-and-recovery-to-back-up/800cb718-3a39-47b4-a589-a3a8967d1c57
  6. Can I back up my files in windows 11 so when I "degrade" to windows 10 I use the backup on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I back up my files in windows 11 so when I "degrade" to windows 10 I use the backup on it: I'm doing this cuz windows 11 is not working for me. Also will my files on windows 11 work for windows 10? submitted by /u/KoaloKEK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ub8vsy/can_i_back_up_my_files_in_windows_11_so_when_i/
  7. Can File History back up network drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can File History back up network drives?: Hello, can File History back up network drives? For example, I have a 1 TB USB drive connected to my home router, accessible by \\x.x.x.x\.... which I have mapped in Windows 10 as drive letter X. Thanks!...
  8. Can I Duplicate a Windows 10 BackUp and use it for recovery?

Can I Duplicate a Windows 10 BackUp and use it for recovery?: I know this is a Strange Question to ask! I have setup a 1tb HDD:E Drive for Backup, If I copy paste all those files to another external HDD :Z Drive for safety purposes. Will I be able to use :Z drive for recovery?...
  9. Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files

Windows 10 backup not backing up all my files: External Drive When I set up an external backup on my new laptop and run like I did on my former PC, the following occurs: Documents (folder) - 0 content Music (folder) - has content Pictures (folder) - 0 content Videos (folder - has content PC drive Upon checking...
  10. Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?: When I back up my drives macrium 7 creates 2 files an xml file and a disk partition image file what is the purpose and relationship between these two files? Can the partition image file be opened to explore the backed up data? If so, how? 107403