Windows 10: Can i use Windows Backup to restore

Discus and support Can i use Windows Backup to restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My laptop USB-C is not working and still under warranty. Probably the board will get replaced with the same one. Can i use Windows Backup to restore it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LM2007, Feb 14, 2021.

1. LM2007 Win User

Can i use Windows Backup to restore

My laptop USB-C is not working and still under warranty. Probably the board will get replaced with the same one. Can i use Windows Backup to restore it if the board in fact is replaced or does the image backup is tied to the original board?

:)

LM2007, Feb 14, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Feb 14, 2021
  3. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Feb 14, 2021
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can i use Windows Backup to restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Can i use Windows Backup to restore - Similar Threads - Backup restore

2. Asking help understanding the Windows Backup & Restore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asking help understanding the Windows Backup & Restore.: I have a Windows 10 PC with all the updates. I started using Windows Backup & Restore. I am wording my query on Google every way I can but it doesn't seem to answer anything that I understand right away. I have the B&R scheduled every night at 12am. Now does this erase the...
  3. How to backup full system so it can be restored easily

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to backup full system so it can be restored easily: Hi, I am looking for a backup solution that can backup everything on my machines to a NAS and if anything goes wrong can copy the latest backup on a new PC without having to install windows, programs, do settings and all that stuff. What can you recommend? :) More detailed:...
  4. Windows Backup and Restore

Windows Backup and Restore: I've recently lost everything on my windows 10 laptop when all auto repairs and everything else failed to work. However, I was able to use the HP Recovery System to backup my files before I did a clean installation. Now, after running restore program, I see my software but...
  5. Windows 10 - Backup and Restore Windows 7

Windows 10 - Backup and Restore Windows 7: Just a simple question to save me some work... LOLIf you take a W10 computer, and then create a dual boot with a Linux install, will the Backup and Restore system image include the Linux partitions, or ignore them?...
  6. Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium reflect backup and restore SATA to NVME: Ok guys another conundrum, but this isnt a critical issue rather something that would be nice to fix. So I was temporarily without my m.2 drive, and windows 10 was actually originally installed on a spare SATA SSD I had. When my m.2 stick was available again, I backed up...
  7. Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.: I am not able to restore file from my W7 backup disk using W10 backup/restore. I have seen that Microsoft-staff claims that the old W7 backup is incuded in W10, but where? Is ther anyone who have a soloution?...
  8. Restoring from system image backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from system image backup: submitted by /u/SgtJackVisback [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk0h04/restoring_from_system_image_backup/
  9. Restore Windows 10 backup from another system

Restore Windows 10 backup from another system: Hello, We just had a drive fail on a system and want to restore previously backed up files from our NAS. However, after installing Windows on the new drive, the system has a new name, so the NAS backups do not show. How can we get around this issue? Thanks! 173951
  10. Unable to find or restore Windows backup after reinstall

Unable to find or restore Windows backup after reinstall: I made a backup before reinstalling Windows 10 Pro to a bigger hard drive, and now I'm stuck trying to restore the files and not delete them... I initially went to restore and it seemed like it couldn't find them (I think I may have misread something though), so I found them...