Windows 10: Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows?

Discus and support Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to create video tutorials on configuring some windows related setup. I have VMware installed on windows and want to create a windows virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mason Chan, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows?

I want to create video tutorials on configuring some windows related setup. I have VMware installed on windows and want to create a windows virtual machine using the windows media created from this tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Will this work or can there only be one running instance of windows per key?

:)

Mason Chan, Jan 21, 2020

2. Media creation tool will not run

Hi Phil,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform a clean boot. Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the
    article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Method 2: Click the link below and Run the media creation tool.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jan 21, 2020
  3. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows?

Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows?

1. Can I use windows installed from the media creation tool on VMWare while also running windows? - Similar Threads - installed media creation

2. Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use media creation tool to install windows 11 for workstations?: Can Microsoft Media Creation Tool be used to install Windows 11 for workstations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/f728836e-0f09-4f51-b31c-e7ae6abcc008
  3. Using the media creation tool to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the media creation tool to install windows 11: If I use the media creation tool to install windows 11, will all my data be wiped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/31fc4d15-0c37-4f0a-b5f1-16f406485633
  4. Using the media creation tool to install windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the media creation tool to install windows 11: If I use the media creation tool to install windows 11, will all my data be wiped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-media-creation-tool-to-install-windows/31fc4d15-0c37-4f0a-b5f1-16f406485633
  5. can i install windows 10 from media creation tool on a laptop running a corrupted windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i install windows 10 from media creation tool on a laptop running a corrupted windows 7: hello i was wondering if anyone could help me so i had a kind of serious problem with my windows 7 pro 32bit os this morning substantial details about the occurrence here...
  6. "Media Creation Tool" Not Running

"Media Creation Tool" Not Running: I have Windows7 on my desktop. I have purchased a Windows10 digital licence from microsoft store. In order to install windows 10 I followed the link came from microsoft that it took me to download the "MediaCreationTool2004". After download I can't "RUN" it and it won't open....
  7. Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools

Install Windows10 using Media Creation Tools: Hi! My hard disk is damaged so i need to replace it. I need to reinstall Windows10 for my laptop. I have downloaded Windows10 Media Creation Tools and make installer in my flash disk. Can anyone tell me the instruction for install windows10 using media creation tools? I...
  8. Media creation tool not installing windows

Media creation tool not installing windows: Hello, I’ve tried to install windows 10 to my computer on a m.2 ssd drive. I had windows on a slow hard drive but deleted it with the tool whilst installing. The problem during the install is quite odd. After selecting the drive for the install and creating partitions...
  9. Can I use an Enterprise edition of Windows 10 on a clean install from the Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use an Enterprise edition of Windows 10 on a clean install from the Media Creation Tool?: Want to use my enterprise key for a clean install, so I want to know if I can install the enterprise edition and use my enterprise key on a clean install using an ISO that I downloaded from microsofts official website. Will it work? Or do I need to download another special...
  10. Media Creation Tool will not run

Media Creation Tool will not run: The Media Creation Tool will NOT run at all on my Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. When I try to run it, nothing happens after clicking the message that allows it run. I know it does not start immediately but I have successfully run it on...