Windows 10: Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping...

Discus and support Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just thought about this because my laptop runs into a windows problem and I needed to use the windows media creation tool thanks to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lelouch.vi, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping...

Hello,

I just thought about this because my laptop runs into a windows problem and I needed to use the windows media creation tool thanks to this help now it's solved. It's my first time using such a tool.

Now, I have a friend, he's also running windows home edition same as mine. His search bar at the bottom of the taskbar is not working properly I tried everything I saw on the internet to fix but nothing fixed it. The problem occurs I think because of an unfinished windows update due to lack of internet because we are in a country where the internet is pricey so not everyone can afford it.

I just thought that can I make a copy of my windows using the media creation tool and reinstall it on his laptop without touching any of his files, I just want to reinstall the windows, that's it. Is this possible?

Best Regards,

Lelouch

:)

lelouch.vi, Jan 16, 2021
  2. LaytonJnr Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Hello,

I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop to sell. I would normally wipe the hard drive with DBAN and reinstall; however I have seen that Windows 10 has options which seem to do the equivalent and quicker.

Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping... ximg_55ba0f72980e4.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.aP64gP_oWF.png

Would any information be recoverable from the 'Remove everything' or 'Restore factory settings' options? Or should I stick to DBAN and use the Windows 10 media creation tool instead?

Many thanks,

Layton

LaytonJnr, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Media Creation Tool Won't Download ISO

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What is the exact and complete error you get when you try to create Media creation tool?

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link to create Media creation tool.

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Kyhi Win User

Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping...

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping...

1. Can i use windows media creation tool to reinstall windows to other laptop without wiping... - Similar Threads - media creation tool

2. Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”: I was having some problems in my laptop which I couldn’t solve nor a support agent, eventually he/she told me to try to reset windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”.I chose to remove everything so at the final prompt, It says Install Windows 10 Pro Keep nothingSo will It...
  3. Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”: I was having some problems in my laptop which I couldn’t solve nor a support agent, eventually he/she told me to try to reset windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”.I chose to remove everything so at the final prompt, It says Install Windows 10 Pro Keep nothingSo will It...
  4. Will I lose data on other drives when reinstalling Windows 10 using “Media Creation Tool”

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I use the media creation tool to factory reset my laptop without administrator acct or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the media creation tool to factory reset my laptop without administrator acct or...: Can I use the media creation tool to factory reset my laptop without administrator acct or admin password. I want to restore it to factory condition, however my Mom forgot her password years ago and yahoo cant help her recover password. PLZ HELP and to respond use *** Email...
  6. Can I use the media creation tool to factory reset my laptop without administrator acct or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the media creation tool to factory reset my laptop without administrator acct or...: Can I use the media creation tool to factory reset my laptop without administrator acct or admin password. I want to restore it to factory condition, however my Mom forgot her password years ago and yahoo cant help her recover password. PLZ HELP and to respond use *** Email...
  7. Can I reinstall on a bad upgrade with Media Creation Tool

Can I reinstall on a bad upgrade with Media Creation Tool: I was given a nice Lenovo laptop after the death of the previous owner. The installation is not working well and has many things missing or not working correctly. The current Windows 10 has been activated after the previous upgrade from original Window 7 installation (Upgrade...
  8. Can i reinstall W10 wth media creation tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i reinstall W10 wth media creation tool?: I saw a video on how to reinstall W10 without losing data,would be possible with the mediacreationtool2004?Is there a way to check if everything is reinstalled correctly? submitted by /u/HifumiD [link] [comments]...
  9. Reinstalling 8.1 with a media creation tool

Reinstalling 8.1 with a media creation tool: I am wanting to reinstall 8.1 with a media creation tool when i got the laptop it came installed with 8.1 would the original product key work or would i Have to obtain one...
  10. I Want To reinstall windows on a new drive without using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I Want To reinstall windows on a new drive without using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.: I want to install windows on a new drive using Window Media Creation tool Windows 10 and I have a digital license so my question is if I install windows 10 on the new drive using the media creation tool can I just sign into my freshly installed windows 10 by using my...