Windows 10: Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?

Discus and support Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can WMD/Memory test used in 16gb of ram computer ? Someone said you should run wmd/memtest if you only have 4gb of ram, if you have more than 4gb you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikelferdinan, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?

Can WMD/Memory test used in 16gb of ram computer ?
    Someone said you should run wmd/memtest if you only have 4gb of ram, if you have more than 4gb you have to use memtest86. Is it true ?

I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language 1903

:)

mikelferdinan, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Je_mezu24 Win User

Windows 10 & Problems With System and Compressed Memory Taking Up All Of The Computer's RAM

Ive also already ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool hundreds to thousands of times every time System and Compressed Memory is shown to be using all of my computer's RAM/Memory and it too has stated that there are no problems with my computer's Memory/RAM either.
    I've also ran it after many restarts to clear up System and Compressed Memory so that it isn't using all of my computer's Memory/RAM until the next time it does it again and again. It's always after a few hours of use with the computer and it doesn't matter
    if anything is being used or if the computer is idle. It is even worse directly after waking the computer up from it going to Windows 10's login screen or should I say the pictured (screensaver) screen.

I can easily post a screenshot taken with my iPad of the fact that the Memory Diagnostic Tool shows that there is no memory problems whatsoever either!

Je_mezu24, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 & Problems With System and Compressed Memory Taking Up All Of The Computer's RAM

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run memory diagnostics tool and check if it helps.

Memory diagnostics tool will detects possible problems with your computer’s memory, it will prompt you to run the Memory Diagnostics Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Memory Diagnostic in the search area in the task bar and select
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Restart now and check for problem.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool - MdSched

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue, We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Santosh_Rai, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?

Memory diagnostic test results not found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This is very unusual that you are unable to find the results for Memory Diagnostic test.

Usually, when the memory diagnostic is complete the results will be stored under Event Viewer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to access Event Viewer logs for Memory Diagnostic.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type eventvwr and hit enter.
    3. Now expand Windows Logs and click on
      System.

You can use the filter or the find option in Event Viewer to check for specific logs. You can try the steps mentioned below to filter memory diagnostic results in Event Viewer.

1. Right click on System and click on
      Find.
    2. Now type Memory Diagnostic results and click on
      Find Next

This should pull up the results for Memory Diagnostic that you have ran.

Let us know if there are any concerns, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?

1. Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ? - Similar Threads - Memory Diagnostic 16gb

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. 100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram

100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 7gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  5. 100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 7gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  6. 100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 3gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  8. Windows Memory Diagnostic - Can scan full 8GB RAM?

Windows Memory Diagnostic - Can scan full 8GB RAM?: Hi all,I am using the Nitro 5 AN515-53 with 8GB of RAM.I have run Windows Memory Diagnostic in the past to make sure that my RAM isn't faulty, and did not receive errors. I'd run memtest86 but I don't have any working USBs that will successfully write no matter what I...
  9. PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not using all 16GB of Ram.: [ATTACH] I have 16GB of ram on my PC, but when only using a few GB of ram task manager shows I am using almost half of my RAM. submitted by /u/Waylenwasywas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exznru/pc_not_using_all_16gb_of_ram/
  10. System RAM memory

System RAM memory: Hello all; ever since I have had this computer, I built it, I have had the problem of only being able to use 1/2 of the RAM installed. I have looked up ways to fix the problem with no solution. My motherboard is a MSI B75MA-E33 and I looked up what RAM was suggested for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Memory Diagnostic 4Gb