Windows 10: Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC?

Discus and support Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here are my system specs.Device name Acer Nitro 5Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ravija Anthony, May 26, 2023.

1. Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC?

Here are my system specs.Device name Acer Nitro 5Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.8 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Here are my Windows specsEdition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2023-‎03-‎25 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 Since Windows Sub-System for Android WSA has been there for some time, I would like to know why I don't have the update for WSA or why the required apps won't work on me.Please explain what I must do to get WSA on

:)

Ravija Anthony, May 26, 2023

2. Use Windows Subsystem for Android in Windows 11

Windows Subsystem for Android i.e. WSA allows your device to run Android apps natively in Windows 11. This article explains how to set up WSA in Windows 11 to Run Android Apps. WSA runs as a virtual machine using Hyper-V and is based on AOSP version 11. Also, The feature is only available for Windows Insiders in Beta Channel as of now.

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC? 511a466a-ccd5-4c06-a0b2-5747efbc32ac?upload=true.png

WhatsApp for Android, WSA and Amazon App Store installed in Windows 11

Requirements

As of now, WSA has some specific requirements. With time, some pre-requisites like Region would be eased. See the following requirements:

1. Your Device must be running Build 22000 and meeting the requirements for Windows 11, including supported processors.
    2. The Computer must support virtualization and be enabled in BIOS/UEFI and Optional Features.
    3. The device must have at least 8GB of RAM and SSD as a Storage device. For WSA, a Hard drive is not supported.
    4. The Store version must be 22110.1402.6.0 or higher. Go to Store Library to update.
    5. The PC's Region must be set to the US.
    6. The Amazon account you plan to use must be US-based.
    7. Your PC must be in Windows Insider Program Beta Channel.

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC? fa03888b-fc8e-49c1-8a3a-4ce394ac19b9?upload=true.png

If these requirements are met, follow the steps below to set up and use Windows Subsystem for Android.

Getting started with Windows Subsystem for Android

1. Open the Amazon App store from this link.
    2. Click Install. It would download Amazon AppStore and Windows subsystem for Android.
    3. When done, you would see the Windows subsystem for Android on your app list, together with Amazon AppStore.
    4. Open the Amazon AppStore, and sign in with your US-based Amazon Account on the screen that shows.
    5. Locate your App in the catalogue and click Install. At the time of writing, only around 50 apps are available in the Store, but Microsoft will update the list over time.

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC? 04a6a30e-fdde-4053-92ad-e3650eae4026?upload=true.png

Amazon AppStore starting using WSA

Windows Subsystem for Android Settings.

There are also a bunch of Android Settings you can customize as well, which are as under.

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC? c0f09507-6047-4741-ab7e-d3f9166d91f2?upload=true.png

1. Files show the files which Apps download to the Device.
    2. Subsystem Screen reader helps accessibility wise, like screen reading on in Android apps you plan to run.
    3. Developer mode helps you to sideload an APK file manually using ADB. See .
    4. Resources: If the Subsystem is selected As needed, no resources are used in the Background, so as a result, apps open slowly. If a continuous option is selected, resources continue to be used in the Background, and Apps open quickly.

To conclude, these steps can help you get started with running Android apps using Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows 11. Hopefully, it would be available for the general public soon.

In addition, if you are outside the United States and wish to try out WSA manually, you can follow this guide:

Install and configure Android apps in Windows 11 - Your Windows Guide

1. Download WSABundle from here.
    2. Move the file to the root of the C drive.
    3. When it is finished downloading, open an elevated PowerShell window. To open an elevated Powershell, Press the Win+R keys on the keyboard and type Powershell in the dialogue box. Afterwards, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter and press yes when prompted.
    4. Type the following command to change the Directory to the root of the C drive.

CD /
    5. Then install the MSIX Bundle using this command:

Add-AppxPackage 2.msixbundle
    Follow the rest of the steps on APK installation in the article link.

Do read:

Introducing Android™ Apps on Windows 11 to Windows Insiders | Windows Insider Blog

Announcing Android™ apps on Windows 11 Preview for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel | Windows Insider Blog

Windows Subsystem for Android™ (microsoft.com)

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), May 26, 2023
  3. Windows subsystem for android is not starting.

Hi Mohamed. I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Try these fixes for Windows Subsystem for Android not working or opening and closing in Windows 11:

https://nerdschalk.com/unable-to-start-windows-...

https://www.droidwin.com/fix-unable-to-start-wi...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/unable-to-start-...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://appuals.com/unable-to-start-windows-sub...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.reddit.com/r/WSA/comments/t3e5zu/he...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, May 26, 2023
  4. Shreya:) Win User

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC?

Windows Subsystem for Android

Hi Microsoft.

I have Windows 11 on my laptop, and have recently downloaded Windows Subsystem for Android through Microsoft Store. However, I am unaware of the further steps need to be taken to get the Google Play Store working on my system. What should I do?

Kindly inform the thing as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Shreya:), May 26, 2023
Thema:

Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC?

1. Can I use Windows Subsystem for Android on my PC? - Similar Threads - Subsystem Android

2. Is there anyway I can use the usb USB peripherals with Windows Subsystem for Android on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway I can use the usb USB peripherals with Windows Subsystem for Android on...: Previous answers I see posted confuse Windows Subsystem for Linux with Windows Subsystem for Android, I need Android. Other virtualization packages offer a way to attach and detach USB peripherals to virtual environments, I'm not seeing that.I found another answer that...
  3. Is there anyway I can use the usb USB peripherals with Windows Subsystem for Android on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway I can use the usb USB peripherals with Windows Subsystem for Android on...: Previous answers I see posted confuse Windows Subsystem for Linux with Windows Subsystem for Android, I need Android. Other virtualization packages offer a way to attach and detach USB peripherals to virtual environments, I'm not seeing that.I found another answer that...
  4. In Windows Subsystem for Android™ how to watch videos from local PC storage to android apps...

In Windows Subsystem for Android™ how to watch videos from local PC storage to android apps...: Hello Microsoft.I would like to watch videos from PC Local Storage and choose which videos format in android app I want. Is it possible to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-subsystem-for-android-how-to-watch/2fb36b3f-e6e0-48c7-9806-6bc953e1e50d
  5. In Windows Subsystem for Android™ how to watch videos from local PC storage to android apps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Subsystem for Android™ how to watch videos from local PC storage to android apps...: Hello Microsoft.I would like to watch videos from PC Local Storage and choose which videos format in android app I want. Is it possible to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-subsystem-for-android-how-to-watch/2fb36b3f-e6e0-48c7-9806-6bc953e1e50d
  6. Windows Subsystem for Android can't be installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Android can't be installed.: Hi i have recently encountered an error with WSA. It says here that I do not have the minimum CPU required. the CPU in question is a Intel Core i3 8th Gen. Well, the problem is I happen to have a Intel Core i7 12th Gen. Here is my PC specifications.Device name epic Processor...
  7. Windows Subsystem for Android can't be installed.

Windows Subsystem for Android can't be installed.: Hi i have recently encountered an error with WSA. It says here that I do not have the minimum CPU required. the CPU in question is a Intel Core i3 8th Gen. Well, the problem is I happen to have a Intel Core i7 12th Gen. Here is my PC specifications.Device name epic Processor...
  8. why i can not install Windows Subsystem for Android on my pc and how can i install??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i can not install Windows Subsystem for Android on my pc and how can i install??: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-install-windows-subsystem-for/50e8d9f5-358b-4355-9ff9-bbfb048c5a83
  9. why i can not install Windows Subsystem for Android on my pc and how can i install??

why i can not install Windows Subsystem for Android on my pc and how can i install??: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-install-windows-subsystem-for/50e8d9f5-358b-4355-9ff9-bbfb048c5a83
  10. When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!

When will Windows subsystem for Android be released for the rest of the world!: When will the Windows subsystem for Android be released to the rest of the world! What is taking so long ?Is the testing not completed in US even after this long ?Why is rest of the world not introduced to it ? Why US first ? Is it ethical ? Any there any issues that are not...