Windows 10: Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install?

Discus and support Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; In particular - this XP recovery disk is for a Disney netpal netbook - and comes with a whole package of Disney software including a full desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Hazel123, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hazel123 Win User

Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install?

In particular - this XP recovery disk is for a Disney netpal netbook - and comes with a whole package of Disney software including a full desktop, games etc. Haven't tried a virtual install before - can you use existing disks to install or is it limited to a downloaded iso? Have Windows 10 Pro so is best to use the software in that or some other method like Virtual Box?

:)

Hazel123, Oct 2, 2018

2. XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

My dad wants me to do a clean reinstall of Windows on his laptop.
    Through SIW I know his windows code and so I can install xp off one of my disks and use his legit code.
    He also has a 'recovery disk' for his laptop, but I've got no experience with recovery disks and don't know what they contain... is it a normal XP?

Would it be best for me to reinstall using the normal XP diskette?

Black Panther, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Pinchy Win User
    XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install? :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install? ;).

Pinchy, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install?

1. Can I use XP recovery disk for virtual install? - Similar Threads - recovery disk virtual

2. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  3. Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a recovery disk vs a fresh install.: What is better when encountering a problem that does not allow you to even start windows, to have a fresh install of windows or to use a previously created on the computer restore disk?I am thinking that a fresh install may give a fresher and lighter version but with the...
  4. Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?: I just went here to download Windows Virtual PC. https://download.cnet.com/Windows-Virtual-PC-64-bit/3000-18513_4-75451520.htmlI think that's what I needed to run older XP compatible hardware but all I got was a 16mb Windows Update file. There's no .exe file in it. I have no...
  5. Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use older XP compatible hardware in Win7 with Virtual PC?: I just went here to download Windows Virtual PC. https://download.cnet.com/Windows-Virtual-PC-64-bit/3000-18513_4-75451520.htmlI think that's what I needed to run older XP compatible hardware but all I got was a 16mb Windows Update file. There's no .exe file in it. I have no...
  6. Can Recovery Disk Be Used on Multiple Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Recovery Disk Be Used on Multiple Devices: Hi. I have a HP Windows 10 Home desktop computer and a HP Windows 10 Home notebook. If I create a Recovery Drive using a USB flash drive on mydesktop, would I be able to use this USB flash drive on my notebook if I need to troubleshoot it or reinstall the OS on it? Thank...
  7. how do i use a recovery disk

how do i use a recovery disk: Hi! I have windows 10. I started having problems with it so I used a recovery usb drive and now it won't recovery and reset the operating system. what do I do next? it was a digital activated, from windows 7....
  8. can i use windows xp?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can i use windows xp?: this time can we use windows xp for personal use ? please help us and suggest me any optional for personal use i have i website to play play bazaar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-windows-xp/8664ff32-0818-4773-b4e8-de83ae9277ed"
  9. RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE

RECOVERY USING INSTALLATION DISK ISSUE: Hello everyone, I have, as they say, a little problem. I used my Windows 10 installation disc to recover my PC after I had some problems with an updated driver for my GPU (thanks Driver Boost!). I selected the option to roll back to the most recent Windows critical update...
  10. Virtual XP

Virtual XP: Where do I look for directions and discussion for using Virtual XP on a Windows 10 computer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-xp/0964eb2c-6c4d-4e07-9475-3d888f414044