Windows 10: Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

Discus and support Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home version 21H2 build 19044.1645. I have my laptop set up with an external monitor for work and a keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jkhcast, Apr 23, 2022.

1. jkhcast Win User

Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home version 21H2 build 19044.1645. I have my laptop set up with an external monitor for work and a keyboard and mouse both connected by usb. My set up is that my pc sits under a small stand that my monitor is on so it is next to impossible to reach. My issue is that although i can wake my pc from sleep by using either my keyboard or mouse, i cannot wake it from hibernate with either. I have to first use the power button to wake it, then use either the keyboard or mouse to get the screen to appear on the monitor and then sign in. Getting to the powe

:)

jkhcast, Apr 23, 2022

2. Prevent wireless mouse from waking PC from hibernation

Already did this, made no difference, maybe because it’s a wireless mouse......going to look in dev manager & see if the mouse is listed as a keyboard...prefer to wake from hibernation with the keyboard, with mouse disabled, as the PC power button is a bit weak and prefer not to use it......

reddwarf4ever, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Trepid Win User
    Cannot wake PC from sleep with keyboard/mouse

I am unable to wake the PC from sleep with the keyboard or mouse. I took several steps and spoke at length with a microsoft tech who could not solve the problem. Here is the changes I made:

-Under device manager i made sure keyboard and mouse can wake the computer up.

- Turned off fast startup.

- Used these commands in the command prompt: powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate on.

- Changed power settings to allow hybrid sleep off and allow wake timers Enable.

- Went to BIOS upon restarting at went to the power section and made sure that the keyboard can wake the PC and selected wake with any key on the mouse.

- After all of that failed to fix the issue I went back to the advanced power settings and reset to default. That still did not fix the problem. I have to push the power button to wake the PC up.

Trepid, Apr 23, 2022
  4. noah Win User

PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the keyboard just wakes and turns on the PC. Needless to say I do not want this to happen.

So far I have done many many tries and read all the tutorial on this forum. I can try to do a short summary of what I have learned so far:

• Hibernate (S4) works as confirmed by the fact that when it's waken up, the PC goes through the POST phase of the boot before loading W10. In addition a powercfg /a gives the following output
    Code:
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg  /a The following sleep states are available on this system:     Standby (S3)     Hibernate     Hybrid Sleep     Fast Startup
    Sleep (S3) works too. Although it seems to have the same effects on the hardware (turns off the CPU fan), the waking up it's much quicker, without POST. In addition, here's the log from Windows event viewer:
    Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:          12/12/2015 16:40:19 Event ID:      42 Task Category: (64) Level:         Information Keywords:      (4) User:          N/A Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: The system is entering sleep.  Sleep Reason: Application API

When waken up from hibernate:

Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date:          12/12/2015 16:41:05 Event ID:      1 Task Category: None Level:         Information Keywords:       User:          LOCAL SERVICE Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: The system has returned from a low power state.  Sleep Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T15:40:17.341524200Z Wake Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T15:41:03.370130200Z  Wake Source: Unknown
    When waken up from sleep (S3):
    Code:
    Code:
    Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date:          12/12/2015 14:41:30 Event ID:      131 Task Category: (33) Level:         Information Keywords:      (4) User:          N/A Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 2, FullResume: 1181, AverageResume: 1182   Log Name:      System Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter Date:          12/12/2015 14:41:32 Event ID:      1 Task Category: None Level:         Information Keywords:       User:          LOCAL SERVICE Computer:      DESKTOP-9NITH1L Description: The system has returned from a low power state.  Sleep Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T13:25:52.338603100Z Wake Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎12T13:41:31.138065200Z  Wake Source: Device -USB Root Hub
    • In the UEFI BIOS all the ACPI settings are in order, as shown in this photo. Bios is updated to the latest version.
      View image: WP 20151201 11 43 34 Pro
    • Enabling/Disabling Fast-boot and/or fast start-up changes nothing
    • I tried also a different USB wireless mouse, but no changes. With a PS/2 mouse the PC does not wake up from hibernation.
    • Switching the Logitech Unifying receiver between USB 2 and 3 makes no difference.
    • The same mouse and keyboard do not turn on the PC after a complete shut down.

Any suggestion is welcome, if you need more information please ask. Thank you all

Thema:

1. Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse? - Similar Threads - wake hibernate external

2. Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?: I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home version 21H2 build 19044.1645. I have my laptop set up with an external monitor for work and a keyboard and mouse both connected by usb. My set up is that my pc sits under a small stand that my monitor is on so it is next to...
  3. Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i wake my pc from hibernate with my external keyboard or mouse?: I am using an HP laptop running Windows 10 Home version 21H2 build 19044.1645. I have my laptop set up with an external monitor for work and a keyboard and mouse both connected by usb. My set up is that my pc sits under a small stand that my monitor is on so it is next to...
  4. after last Windows 11 update, my external mouse and keyboard can not wake up my PC from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after last Windows 11 update, my external mouse and keyboard can not wake up my PC from...: I was already in the support chat for half an hour and got some rituals to do like system integrity check, but no real help. After I did all the voodoo the agent asked me to do, he said he guarantees that my issues will be gone.Haha. What a joker. Nothing has changed.When I...
  5. after last Windows 11 update, my external mouse and keyboard can not wake up my PC from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after last Windows 11 update, my external mouse and keyboard can not wake up my PC from...: I was already in the support chat for half an hour and got some rituals to do like system integrity check, but no real help. After I did all the voodoo the agent asked me to do, he said he guarantees that my issues will be gone.Haha. What a joker. Nothing has changed.When I...
  6. How to stop my PC from waking from hibernate on keyboard/mouse input?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop my PC from waking from hibernate on keyboard/mouse input?: On my old computer, I could put it into hibernate overnight and it wouldn't turn on no matter how much I spammed keyboard/mouse. I have been using a much better gaming PC since mid-February this year, works very smoothly and I love it, however I can't hibernate like I used...
  7. Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech Keyboard/Mouse will not wake from hibernation: I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse connected to my laptop via the USB receiver. I am able to wake up my computer from sleep using either the mouse or keyboard but not from hibernation. Any help or suggestions. TIA! submitted by /u/rubeo_O [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard wake my PC up from hibernate. Can I turn this off?: I would like it to work like it used to on my computers of the past: like shutdown, only turning on with the power button. Can that be done? submitted by /u/Fighterbear12 [link] [comments]...
  9. Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse will not wake my PC: I have the option clicked on to have the mouse and keyboard to wake the pc up on sleep mode, but it will not work. Any suggestions? I have went to device manager and made sure the option is clicked on both to wake up pc not working. I have also checked for updates on...
  10. PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wakes from hibernation with mouse and keyboard: Hi all. I've been struggling for weeks in finding a solution to this very annoying behavior of my new desktop pc running W10 Pro x64. I have successfully activated hibernate mode (S4), yet whenever the PC is hibernated a shake of the mouse or the press of any key on the...