Windows 10: Can I work on the plugged in computer when the battery reaches 100%?

Discus and support Can I work on the plugged in computer when the battery reaches 100%? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I do have a query. I usually work on the laptop when it is plugged in to the socket and the battery reaches 100 %. Somebody told me it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardPrasad, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Can I work on the plugged in computer when the battery reaches 100%?

I do have a query. I usually work on the laptop when it is plugged in to the socket and the battery reaches 100 %. Somebody told me it would deteriorate my battery and its life span would be reduced. Is he right?

:)

RichardPrasad, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Graydrake Win User

My Computer is Plugged in but not Charging

My laptop computer is plugged in but not charging. The power supply will maintain the charge level (%), but not add to it. Removing and reinserting the battery allows the power supply to add to the % charge to 100%.

Steps performed:

• Turning the computer off and restarting it returns the computer to the Plugged in, Not Charging state.
    • Removing the battery again allows one complete charge, after which the laptop would no longer charge again.
    • I have used more than one power supply with the same condition.

To resolve the issue, I remove the battery, obtain a complete charge, and maintain this charge by always keeping the power supply plugged in.

What is the root of the problem?

Graydrake, Dec 7, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Dec 7, 2018
  4. RonTG Win User

Can I work on the plugged in computer when the battery reaches 100%?

Battery status 100% fully charged

Hello,
    I am using a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 pro on it (not OEM).
    I have calibrated my battery because it's status was "100% plugged in, charging".
    Now after calibration, when it reaches 100% the status is "100% Fully charged", but I think the battery is being charged non stop because it doesnt go under 100%.
    I believe this is not healthy for the battery so Im looking for a way to get the "100% plugged in, not charging" status. can I configure it through windows?
    Thanks

RonTG, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Can I work on the plugged in computer when the battery reaches 100%?

1. Can I work on the plugged in computer when the battery reaches 100%? - Similar Threads - plugged computer battery

2. Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.: Hello,Below are my laptop specifications:Device name LAPTOP-PAV6L9M3 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.88 GB usable I have had my laptop for close to 15 months. After a year of use, I realized that my laptop freezes when...
  3. Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.: Hello,Below are my laptop specifications:Device name LAPTOP-PAV6L9M3 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.88 GB usable I have had my laptop for close to 15 months. After a year of use, I realized that my laptop freezes when...
  4. Laptop freezes and closes all browser tabs closes when plugged in after battery reaches 100%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...: I have an HP Pavilion x360 running windows 10 and it will not boot unless I remove the battery and plug it in or if I reseat the battery. I don't recall any physical damage that may have happened to the laptop but it just started happening one day. When I reseat the battery...
  6. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...: I have an HP Pavilion x360 running windows 10 and it will not boot unless I remove the battery and plug it in or if I reseat the battery. I don't recall any physical damage that may have happened to the laptop but it just started happening one day. When I reseat the battery...
  7. Computer won't boot off battery or when plugged in with the battery, but will boot when...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Laptop battery not charging when plugged in and less than 100%, but ok at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery not charging when plugged in and less than 100%, but ok at 100%: After update to Windows 10 Home 21H1, my laptop battery refuses to charge when plugged in but the charge level is less than 100%. It just drains until the laptop is shut down.When the laptop is off, the battery can be charged to 100% and then it stays there after the laptop...
  9. How to control battery charging when computer is plugged-in?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to control battery charging when computer is plugged-in?: This just happened to me: I'm an "office laptop user". I always use my laptop in the office, and I've been using for the last 2 years. I work with my laptop plugged in. I've used my battery very rarely, maybe 4-5 days in the last 2 years. The battery has always been...
  10. battery not reaching 100 persent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not reaching 100 persent: Hello there i have a problem in which the battery of my computer does not reach 100% it just stops at 99% could this be a hardware or software issue and should I be worried please note that I have all my windows 10 updates to the latest version and I'm using a Hawaii matebook...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery reaches 100% and computer sleeps