Windows 10: Can I work or surf the 'net during an update?

Discus and support Can I work or surf the 'net during an update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My machine is updating to 1903. I can see my desktop, and the update is being done in the Windows Update app, and taking quite some time. Can I do any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cbiweb, Jul 10, 2019.

1. cbiweb Win User

Can I work or surf the 'net during an update?

My machine is updating to 1903. I can see my desktop, and the update is being done in the Windows Update app, and taking quite some time.

Can I do any work or surf online while this is happening?

:)

cbiweb, Jul 10, 2019

2. .NET Framework 1.0 updates install every day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

The issue might occur if there is any corruption during windows update.I will certainly help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1 I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on windows update.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2 I also suggest you to uncheck the
    .NET Framework 1.0 and restart the computer and check if issue persists,

Please follow the steps below:

• Right click on start menu and click on programs and features.

• Click Turn windows features on or off.

• Uncheck .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services.

• Click on ok.
    Once, you have unchecked these, Please restart your computer and recheck
    the .NET Framework 1.0 and .NET Framework services andcheck.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 10, 2019
  3. zoro06 Win User
    N97: broken icons when surfing the net

surf the net for the full version of it Can I work or surf the 'net during an update? ;)

zoro06, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Can I work or surf the 'net during an update?

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Can I work or surf the 'net during an update?

1. Can I work or surf the 'net during an update? - Similar Threads - surf 'net during

2. No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Secured but I can surf the internet.: Yesterday, the WiFi worked normally. But today, when I opened my laptop and connected it to the internet, it showed "no internet, secured." Strangely, I was able to surf the internet but not windows program such as Cortana, feedback hub, windows update, etc. I've tried to...
  3. no internet access but still can surf internet

no internet access but still can surf internet: Name: Ethernet Description: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller Physical address MAC: 48:ba:4e:aa:1b:fe Status: Not operational Maximum transmission unit: 1500 IPv4 address: 169.254.9.79/16 IPv6 address: fe80::dd53:f881:d264:94f%18/64 DNS servers: 120.138.98.18, 120.138.96.18...
  4. What services can be disabled if Windows is used only to surf the Net?

in Windows 10 Support
    What services can be disabled if Windows is used only to surf the Net?: Last year, Windows 10 crashed my PC repeatedly. See Is it a hardware problem which has nothing to do with Windows? - Windows 10 Forums This year, I have used Linux instead of Windows 10, which will only be used in VirtualBox occasionally. So far, Linux has never crashed my...
  5. when I surf the net I find websites that have text that are hyperlinks

in Browsers and Email
    when I surf the net I find websites that have text that are hyperlinks: I have a habit of reading things on the internet ( web site pages ) with my mouse. The problem I have is on almost every website there are green words in the text of the pages that are hyperlinks, I run over them with my mouse as I read and a ad or tip etc pops up. It makes...
  6. BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller while surfing the net: I have an HP ENVY 17 Notebook and I keep getting BSOD Bad_Pool_Caller it doesn't happen when doing certain thing. I use my laptop at work and I can leave it on go out to lunch and when I come back it's restarted. I've tried asking HP for help and the only thing they seem to...
  7. BSOD hal.dll+395cf during idle, youtube, or web surfing

BSOD hal.dll+395cf during idle, youtube, or web surfing: Hey all, I've been getting BSODs from hal.dll as well as ntoskrnl.exe in increasing frequency the past few days. I've attached the debug zip file and also taken a look at it, but can't seem to find the problem. Currently the only thing that has changed in the past two...
  8. BSOD while surfing the net randomly netio.sys system exception error

BSOD while surfing the net randomly netio.sys system exception error: Computer is lenovo t420 windows 10 64 bit my computer crashes here is the crash log, not sure if the right one The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80b080ce9f3, 0xffff97806c68cb40, 0x0000000000000000). A...
  9. BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web

BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web: I'm so tired. For the past two years or so I've just had BSODs at random intervals in my day. Whether I'm playing a video game with my friends or by myself, whether I'm watching YouTube videos, browsing the internet or hell, sometimes waiting for my computer to get to its...
  10. Cannot surf the web!

Cannot surf the web!: Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update),...