Windows 10: Can ICD be used with FOG?

Discus and support Can ICD be used with FOG? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before I delve into learning ICD, can it be used in conjunction with FOG or other imaging solutions? Or is MDT/WDS required? 18629 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jfreemont, Aug 22, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

Can ICD be used with FOG?

Before I delve into learning ICD, can it be used in conjunction with FOG or other imaging solutions? Or is MDT/WDS required?

:)

jfreemont, Aug 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 V 1703 ICD

I am studying the 70-698 course using the Installing and Configuring Windows 10 book by Bettany and Warren. On page 88 there is a procedure to deploy a device driver using the ICD software. I have downloaded the ADK V 1703 which includes the ICD. In the
    procedure they say to use the 'New Provisioning Package'. However that option is not available in my ICD. Can anyone tell me why, and if there is a way to get it?

Thanks and regards

P

PeterChallis58, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Can IE10 be used with Windows 10?

Thank you. The compatibility mode in tools worked.

<Split then merged>

JimMcKesson, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Mansome Win User

What is FOG?

Mansome, Aug 23, 2015
  5. jfreemont Win User
    It's an imaging solution. Think Ghost on steroids.

I'm just wondering if ICD requires Microsoft's imaging solutions or if others (like FOG, Macrium, etc.) can be used, as well.

jfreemont, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Mansome Win User
    If you mean the Windows Imaging Configuration Designer then I am not sure. Basically what it does is allow you to use different configurations settings kind of like the auto-unattended file does. You can included non-metro apps and drivers as well but you have to extract them as a provisioning package first then add them to the project. The Windows install media used has to be in a generalized state for this tool to accept it. Its not going to be a bit for bit copy like how ghost is.

Think of this tools as more of a way to create a customized install of Windows 10 rather than an imaging solution. No MDT/WDS required to use this tool. There are some a few youtube vidoes that show what the tool does. Keep in mind this tool is very buggy. It has taken me weeks to get an image working out of this that will take my provisioning packages. It would always error out on 13%. I think that it will need some more before I would consider using this in a production environment.

Mansome, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can ICD be used with FOG? - Similar Threads - ICD used FOG

2. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  3. Windows ICD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows ICD: HELP!!!I'm using Windows Configuration Designer to provision some software. So far I was able to install the following app on an OOBE system. 7zip, VLC, Java, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat DC and Office 365/2019VL.My goal is to be able to inject Regkeys to be able to have all User...
  4. driver for icd-p520

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver for icd-p520: Hi, I've a question: it's possible to find a driver for Windows 10 for this device: ICD-P520, a Sony recorder Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-icd-p520/5877b6c4-01d5-4a63-a40d-547d397540a2
  5. Some taskbar icons are "fogged"

in Windows 10 Support
    Some taskbar icons are "fogged": Hi, I have encountered a graphical anomaly, some taskabar icons, (but never the system ones like wifi/battery etc...) sometimes get "fogged" and I do not know what is cause of this. The icon is normal again only at application exit and re-launch, or computer reboot. [img]...
  6. Windows ICD assign a temp computer name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows ICD assign a temp computer name: In WIndows 10 1709, I was using the Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer to create a ppkg to skip the windows Oobe, since I store the hostname to a Excel file and the hostname is no related to serialnumber and other variable. So I assign a temp computer name AABBCCDD,...
  7. Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows ICD Hard Drive Partitioning: I have created my Windows ICD Build that I am deploying and it works, but I have one thing I need to accomplish. I want to partition the Hard Drive into a O/S partition C: & Data Partition Z: My initial thought was to boot the target computer with a WindowPE flash Drive and...
  8. Using ICD to join to AzureAD

Using ICD to join to AzureAD: I want to be able to set the image to automatically connect to AzureAD so that we can minimise our installation time. Can someone please tell me how to do this. My best guess is that it is in the domain settings but I can't just enter "AzureAD" so I don't know what to do....
  9. Working with ICD and Sysprep

Working with ICD and Sysprep: Trying to work on creating Windows 10 Image deployment without MDT. Ideally what I am thinking is that I use system Image manager to create an unattend.xml file for the main image. Then I am hoping i can use the ICD to apply Desktop Image customization package to update a...
  10. Win10 Image is Fine till I use FOG and upload it.

Win10 Image is Fine till I use FOG and upload it.: Hello everyone, Just wondering if anyone has run into a issue where you create a image of a machine after doing the ctrl+shift+F3 command and installed all your software and tweaks and then when I run sysprep and upload it to FOG (our imaging solution) all seems fine....