Windows 10: Can individual update problems be solved?

Discus and support Can individual update problems be solved? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After being told over and over again how I need to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 because of security concerns and keeping my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Delly10, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Delly10 Win User

Can individual update problems be solved?

After being told over and over again how I need to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 because of security concerns and keeping my computer running smoothly (which it was already doing), I did the latest update. Now my computer runs more slowly, needed to have missing programs reinstalled, default programs reset, new junk apps deleted, and now I'm trying to figure out why my computer shuts down when I click "hibernate", causing programs to close that I wanted to remain open. Also, when I restart my computer, it takes much longer than it used to take. I checked the Startup menu and there are only about 6 programs on the list, all with Low impact on starting time.

First, about the hibernate/shutdown issue: What can I do to make my computer go into hibernate instead of shutting down when I click hibernate?

:)

Delly10, Dec 3, 2017

2. Can UAC be disabled on an individual user account in Windows Server 2012R2?

Subscribed and pinged the relevant people. Good Luck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 3, 2017
  3. Steven Carroll from Portland, Oregon, Dec 3, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Try turning off Fast Startup in the Power Settings. This seems to help with some hardware... *Nerd

dmholt57, Dec 3, 2017
  5. Delly10 Win User
    What would that do? Would turning off fast startup make startup faster? Or would it solve the hibernate/shutdown problem?

Delly10, Dec 3, 2017
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    Fast Startup is a hybrid form of hibernation, that is how it starts faster. I believe they have to work some more on it.

dmholt57, Dec 3, 2017
  7. Delly10 Win User
    I suppose I'll give it a try then.
    Funny....I updated my computer because I wanted to secure it against threats from malware and hackers, and to keep it running smoothly. Now that it's "updated", I have problems. Next time there's such an update, I'll take my chances with the malware and hackers rather than let Microsoft do what I was trying to prevent malware from doing. At least malware can be cleaned out using an AV program or Malwarebytes. But what MS does is more widespread and affects the entire system and has to be dealt with manually over the entire system.

Delly10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can individual update problems be solved? - Similar Threads - individual update problems

2. How can I solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I solve this problem?: Hello How can I solve this problem?I can't access the desktop Please help me Error Werfault.exeThe instruction at 0x00007FFA146947EE referenced memory at 0x00007FFA0BF1B290.The required data was not placed into memory because of an l/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  3. How can I solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I solve this problem?: Hello How can I solve this problem?I can't access the desktop Please help me Error Werfault.exeThe instruction at 0x00007FFA146947EE referenced memory at 0x00007FFA0BF1B290.The required data was not placed into memory because of an l/O error status of 0xc000009c....
  4. how can i solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i solve this problem?: Hi, i get a error i deleted roblox from local files for a reason and then i wanted to install roblox again and i got a error that says failed to create directory error=3...
  5. how can i solve this problem?

how can i solve this problem?: Hi, i get a error i deleted roblox from local files for a reason and then i wanted to install roblox again and i got a error that says failed to create directory error=3...
  6. Can anyone solve this problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone solve this problem.: I am facing this error when I try to open OnVue app. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-solve-this-problem/bbae43f9-3ff0-4116-91d9-ebb5b96ff958
  7. Can anyone solve this problem.

Can anyone solve this problem.: I am facing this error when I try to open OnVue app. Please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-solve-this-problem/bbae43f9-3ff0-4116-91d9-ebb5b96ff958
  8. How can I solve this problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I solve this problem?: I opened the laptop and cleaned it, but still the same problemvideo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-solve-this-problem/6381480e-8e3a-4272-bc56-54a8c12d055a
  9. Can not solve problems after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not solve problems after Windows update: Hello, yesterday I've turned off my notebook and next day when I've turned it on, system showed me that windows has been updated. First problem which I've seen was that mydesktop background picture, applications and folders changed or disappeared. I've already thought that...
  10. Windows update Solving problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Solving problems: I am trying to update Windows 10 and I get this error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-solving-problems/b1e1973c-acc4-41fd-8a6f-91170fad3a6a