Windows 10: Can items in Recently Viewed Nodes in Event Viewer be deleted somehow

Discus and support Can items in Recently Viewed Nodes in Event Viewer be deleted somehow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I saw this question posted a long time ago and was unanswered. I would like to know if there is a way to remove entries in the Event Viewer under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcd73165, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Can items in Recently Viewed Nodes in Event Viewer be deleted somehow

Hi. I saw this question posted a long time ago and was unanswered. I would like to know if there is a way to remove entries in the Event Viewer under Recently Viewed Nodes. Thanks.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Apr 1, 2019
  2. trashbag Win User

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

I know this a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to clear the recently viewed nodes part of the Event Viewer or if it'll clear itself after a while.

I'm not looking for how to clear events from event viewer, just specifically the recently viewed nodes bit. Deleting "changes to the view of a console file" does not help here.

trashbag, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Apr 1, 2019
  4. RichardC Win User

Event Viewer

Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard

RichardC, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Can items in Recently Viewed Nodes in Event Viewer be deleted somehow - Similar Threads - items Recently Viewed

2. Event Viewer custom view is paginated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer custom view is paginated: I use custom views on my computers to filter events I'm interested. Few months ago, I bought a new laptop Windows 11 and similarly applied custom views in Event Viewer.Strangely, one view is paginated and always ordered to the earliest events.This has never happened for my...
  3. Event Viewer custom view is paginated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer custom view is paginated: I use custom views on my computers to filter events I'm interested. Few months ago, I bought a new laptop Windows 11 and similarly applied custom views in Event Viewer.Strangely, one view is paginated and always ordered to the earliest events.This has never happened for my...
  4. how to recover events deleted from event viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover events deleted from event viewer: Hi all, I mistakenly deleted events from event viewer "Clear log..." utility I have not a backup second mistake do you know if they are permanently deleted or is there a chance to recover them? a kind of bin? thanks Ale...
  5. Event viewer : error when creating custom view

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event viewer : error when creating custom view: Hi, I can't create a custom view. When I click on "Custom View" under "Event Viewer (Local)" I get an error "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it" [ATTACH] The detailed error appears after : [ATTACH] Content is :...
  6. Can event viewer events be easily deleted (by teens)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can event viewer events be easily deleted (by teens)?: I'm using Event Viewer in Windows 10 to control my kids screen time. One of my kids (14yo) is a bit too tech savvy so I wonder if he may have googled for a way to delete entries (such as 4634 sign out LogonType 2 just to give an example). I guess this needs too much knowledge...
  7. Can individual events in Event Viewer be deleted/recovered?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can individual events in Event Viewer be deleted/recovered?: I learnt how to check Event Viewer logs to detect my kids using the computer outside of their alloted times. Now I'm thinking: what if they're deleting individual events? (I know they're not deleting whole logs as that's easy to detect), they know how to google for these...
  8. Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer: I know this a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to clear the recently viewed nodes part of the Event Viewer, or at least the location of where the recently viewed nodes are saved in the registry. I'm not looking for how to clear events from event viewer, just...
  9. Contradictory item in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Contradictory item in Event Viewer: Event Viewer shows that computer has resumed from sleep but PC is, in fact, in sleep mode despite this second message Here is what I am seeing 5 seconds apart (attached) [img] 111697
  10. Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views: For some reason Event Viewer now starts on my laptop showing Custom Views (see below). How do I fix it so Event Viewer starts showing the top level item in the menu Event Viewer (Local)? [img] 92682

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Recently Viewed Nodes

2. clear recently viewed nodes in event viewer

3. clear recently viewed nodes