Windows 10: Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed?

Discus and support Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Samsung laptop purchased in 2012. Recently installed Windows 10 from ISO. Hacked. Removed wifi card. Obviously hacked over ethernet but is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BlancoMicro, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed?

Samsung laptop purchased in 2012. Recently installed Windows 10 from ISO. Hacked. Removed wifi card. Obviously hacked over ethernet but is bluetooth hack possible without wifi card?

:)

BlancoMicro, Jul 10, 2020

2. Installing Wifi Bluetooth combo card in laptop that has them separate

first step I did was whitelisting bios for wifi. also the old bluetooth works fine . i tested send and recieve even with card slot empty . however there is no particular spot that seems to have a removable device on the visible side of the board so to believe it's that bt device . and no I had to buy a ngff to pci-e converter . the wifi card work as expected .

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Installing Wifi Bluetooth combo card in laptop that has them separate

I am trying to upgrade a Lenovo G550 Wifi card , the funny thing is after removing older card and replacing it with the new one , the laptop's Bluetooth seem to still work efficiently and appears in device manager indicating that it was never in combo of the older wifi card , now the sad part is the Bluetooth device of the new card appears with an exclamation mark in device manager and inoperable . I did try to disable the older card devices but still this one would not operate , the new card is an Intel ax200 that supports BT 5.0 standard while the one on the laptop is 2.0 so anybody idea how to remedy that effect ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed?

Installing Wifi Bluetooth combo card in laptop that has them separate

No option as such , I can disable wifi card only but no particular setting for bluetooth .

i wonder one thing though , any body tried having two working bluetooth devices at the same time ? if its possible then maybe this is a matter of white listing , if not then its a matter of killing older bluetooth some how .

nIGHTmAYOR, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed?

1. Can laptop bluetooth be hacked even after wifi card is removed? - Similar Threads - laptop bluetooth hacked

2. WIFI AND BLUETOOTH STILL DISCONNECTING EVEN AFTER RESETING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI AND BLUETOOTH STILL DISCONNECTING EVEN AFTER RESETING: Hi, My ACER ASPIRE 1 A114 Laptop keeps disconnecting wifi and bluetooth.I did all those things of disconnecting router, uninstalling, reseting etc, still it comes back for a few minutes then goes ON AND OFF AGAIN. Please help this is so frustrating....
  3. WIFI AND BLUETOOTH STILL DISCONNECTING EVEN AFTER RESETING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI AND BLUETOOTH STILL DISCONNECTING EVEN AFTER RESETING: Hi, My ACER ASPIRE 1 A114 Laptop keeps disconnecting wifi and bluetooth.I did all those things of disconnecting router, uninstalling, reseting etc, still it comes back for a few minutes then goes ON AND OFF AGAIN. Please help this is so frustrating....
  4. Wifi + Bluetooth card Bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi + Bluetooth card Bluetooth not working: I recently bought a Bluetooth + Wi-Fi PCIE card for my custom build gaming pc to be able to use my crusher evos on, and the Wi-Fi feature works fine, however i haven't been able to get the Bluetooth working. I have already reinstalled the latest drivers and went into...
  5. Wifi + Bluetooth card Bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi + Bluetooth card Bluetooth not working: I recently bought a Bluetooth + Wi-Fi PCIE card for my custom build gaming pc to be able to use my crusher evos on, and the Wi-Fi feature works fine, however i haven't been able to get the Bluetooth working. I have already reinstalled the latest drivers and went into...
  6. Wifi + Bluetooth card Bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can a laptop be restored after a hack?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can a laptop be restored after a hack?: i have been hacked and now all of my files are gone and my laptop has no way to function, i have tried to restore it but it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/can-a-laptop-be-restored-after-a-hack/eb85be30-9e91-4c42-867a-9b1d6a18cfa5
  8. Missing Wifi & bluetooth cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Wifi & bluetooth cards: If I purchase newest windows 10 software, would it then be able to locate the cards and regain wireless access? I have an hp envy 27 that originally had windows 8 but came with free upgrade to 10. I've tried every suggestion on windows support, etc. It says card is not...
  9. Bluetooth not available after installing wifi cards driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not available after installing wifi cards driver: Hello, Sorry if title is not that clear, and i can't seem to find any relevant answer on internet .. so i feel a bit dumb like nobody ever faced that problem .. I bought an Asus PCE-AC55BT wifi card, to get bluetooth on the pc i built like 2 years ago to be able to connect...
  10. Wifi/bluetooth card question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi/bluetooth card question: Hi There I use the Bluetooth function of card often, but I don't use the wireless AC part of the card, as I use 1gb Ethernet connection, is Disabling the wireless card proper thing to do, and yet still be able to use the Bluetooth in Windows 10 Pro 64bit? or should I...