Windows 10: Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus...

Discus and support Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Guys, A few days ago my pc did an update and then started asking me to sign in every time. I used Netplwiz to access the option to turn off "sign... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andy_004, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Andy_004 Win User

Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus...

Hi Guys,

A few days ago my pc did an update and then started asking me to sign in every time. I used Netplwiz to access the option to turn off "sign in every time", however this box was already ticked. So I left it alone. On the next boot-up I was presented with two local user sign in's at the bottom left of screen, both local user's had the same name. I tried a password on one, no luck, signed in on the other one and gained entry.

On the next boot up I was presented with my administrator sign in details, did this and was rejected as password was incorrect. This is not the case because I can log in using the same password on the MS Account Sign-in webpage?

On the next boot-up I get the two local user's again. If I use Netplwiz no other accounts are shown, but if I go into account info it shows either this user account or the admin account, whichever one I have logged in with, but not both. I understand that if I wish to remove the other two local user's I have to log-in as administrator, and then remove the two "other" accounts, but they do not show?

I have tried to contact MS Support here in Australia, by phone, but I get one option to pay a fee for service. I tried sending a message to an agent, no response. Hopefully someone here has the answer.

If I do a reset, does it wipe all documents, pictures etc, and bookmarks?

Thanks for any help given.

:)

Andy_004, Jan 29, 2020

2. Can't log in MS Account

Today my Laptop is finally upgraded to Windows 10. Everything is running fine but except that it is facing issue that I can't log in my MS Account when Cortana asked me to do so. I clicked to the Sign In button but nothing ever pops up. I've tried open Settings
    and navigated to Account and tried the option Sign In with MS Account but it is the same, nothing ever pops up on my Screen. I can log in my MS Account in Browser but failed to do so in my Laptop.

Can you help me figure out how to fix this issue.

Duc_Minh58, Jan 29, 2020
  3. W10 can no longer log into MS account

After using my PC for years, I recently started to have a problem with the Windows Store in that it wouldn't sign into my account. After following lots of advice, one of which was to log into my PC using local admin account, I can no longer log back into
    W10 using my MS account. When I go to settings > accounts > sign in with a MS account instead, after entering the correct credentials it just says "Oops something went wrong it was probably our fault, try again."

My MS account itself is fine - I can log into it using a browser and all seems well, and my laptop is still logged into it and all is fine. When I click on Devices I can see both my desktop and laptop listed. It's just something's happened to my desktop
    recently which is preventing me from switching back to using my MS account. I don't recall changing any settings which would do this. Any ideas?

EvoluZion3, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus...

MS account locked after uninstall of VS Community with MS account still logged

Hello,

Could an admin unlock my Microsoft account? (MS account id will be sent privately by email)

My Microsoft account has been locked today on March 14, 2017 using the following steps:

1. Uninstall Visual Studio 2015 Community with my MS account still logged (Next time I will log off before any uninstall)

2. Install Visual Studio 2017 Community (same IP, same
    Windows 10)

3. Try to log in my Microsoft Account to register the free product Visual Studio 2017 Community

"Something went wrong. There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this, sign in to account.live.com from a browser."

=> Microsoft Account locked.

Reseting and changing my password were not sufficient.

All my account recovery requests failed because they have been rejected by the MS automated system.

I need to recover my MS account to continue my GIT open source development under VS Studio 2017 Community.

Regards,

Hans

Hans W. B., Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus...

1. Can Log into my MS account on MS webpage, but password fails on normal pc log in, plus... - Similar Threads - Log account webpage

2. can't log in to ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't log in to ms account: message;you reached the limit for account recovery requesthow many times do i have to request for help,, because of i forgot the password on new account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-ms-account/8dbf29ba-f417-4856-8e07-ab64c8140846
  3. can't log in to ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't log in to ms account: message;you reached the limit for account recovery requesthow many times do i have to request for help,, because of i forgot the password on new account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-to-ms-account/8dbf29ba-f417-4856-8e07-ab64c8140846
  4. Stay logged in to MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stay logged in to MS account: hello! I unchecked the netplwiz option to remove sign in after i start my laptop for my account admin but now every time i access my device i have to log in to my ms account for edge, etc.. and each time it asks me to verify my account by entering my password. How can i stay...
  5. MS Teams log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams log in: I'm trying to join a meeting in teams and the link doesn't work. It works for other people. The app window open but is blank. In my browser Google I get a message saying there is a problem. I have changed the settings in Google to allow all the MS websites through security....
  6. Log in to mS issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in to mS issue: I am logged into Windows 10 and have no password required. I am trying to turn on sync settings with another W10. So I try and log in using my Microsoft account and it doesn't accept my password which I know to be correct. I even reset password and used the new password which...
  7. Logging in Windows 10 requires a different password than logging into MS account

Logging in Windows 10 requires a different password than logging into MS account: Hi there, I have a client who has a laptop with Windows 10. When I look at her account, I see her email address hotmail. So this would mean she uses a MS account to log into Windows. When I wanted to change her PIN, it asked me for her MS account password. So I tried with...
  8. Cannot log into MS Windows account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot log into MS Windows account: Is my Microsoft account e.g. for Microsoft 365 and my Microsoft Windows account meant to be the same - that is, have the same email address and password? I can log into my MS account but not into MS Windows account - how do I fix this?...
  9. Logging in to my MS account changed user name and password. Can I recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logging in to my MS account changed user name and password. Can I recover: The first time this happened was nearly a disaster. I was using my normal windows local user account, but kept getting messages that I wasn't logged into OneDrive. Somehow I logged into my MS account and the during the login process MS changed my account password. Nearly...
  10. W10 can no longer log into MS account

W10 can no longer log into MS account: After using my PC for years, I recently started to have a problem with the Windows Store in that it wouldn't sign into my account. After following lots of advice, one of which was to log into my PC using local admin account, I can no longer log back into W10 using my MS...