Windows 10: Can magnets cause tablet to turn off?

Discus and support Can magnets cause tablet to turn off? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using a portfolio sleeve for the Dell Venue 11 Pro ( 5130) and never had a problem when the tablet is inserted into the sleeve. I purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportflyer, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Can magnets cause tablet to turn off?

I am using a portfolio sleeve for the Dell Venue 11 Pro ( 5130) and never had a problem when the tablet is inserted into the sleeve. I purchased another DVP 11 Pro (7140 ) and tried to use the same portfolio sleeve and I ran into problem of the tablet not starting after I press the start button . However as soon as I remove the tablet from the sleeve it starts to boot up. The reverse is also true ie after the tablet is up and running , inserting into the sleeve immediately turns it off. After some experimenting , I think the problem seems to be top left side of the tablet any part of the sleeve touching it seems to turn the tablet off. There are magnetic catches to hold the cover on. Can these be affecting the tablet operation ? It does not seem to affect the old 5130 tablet. Any ideas ? Tks

Can magnets cause tablet to turn off? [​IMG]

Can magnets cause tablet to turn off? [​IMG]

:)

sportflyer, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC tablet stops turning on tablet mode automatically

Hi,

Incorrect settings is one of the possible reasons why the tablet mode is not turning on automatically. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode
      in the left panel. A tablet mode sub-menu appear.
    • Configure the When this device automatically switches menu to
      Don't ask me and always switch.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Can magnets cause tablet to turn off?

How do I get back tablet mode? Problem in changing to tablet mode on Nextbook 10

Hello,

• Did you tried to turn ON the Tablet mode from Action Center?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps you in turning ON Tablet mode.

There are two options to turn ON the Tablet mode.

Option 1:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
    • Click/tap on Table Mode on the left side, and turn on or off
      Enable tablet mode for what you want.
    Option 2:

• Click/tap on the Action Center system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • At the bottom of the Action Center, click/tap on the Tablet mode button to toggle it
      on (blue) or off (gray) for what you want.
    Keep us posted with the status of Tablet mode issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Can magnets cause tablet to turn off?

1. Can magnets cause tablet to turn off? - Similar Threads - magnets cause tablet

2. turn off tablet mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off tablet mode windows 11: i need to turn off tablet mode in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-11/a5cabf08-7062-498a-92af-25cb7b2847ac
  3. turn off tablet mode windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off tablet mode windows 11: i need to turn off tablet mode in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-11/a5cabf08-7062-498a-92af-25cb7b2847ac
  4. Win 11 tablet mode turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 tablet mode turned off: I have an hp pavillion laptop and tablet pc combo. I'm confused about win 11 turning off tablet mode when upgraded. Does that mean that I can't use my tablet on this pc at all. As it is meant to work?...
  5. Win 11 tablet mode turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 tablet mode turned off: I have an hp pavillion laptop and tablet pc combo. I'm confused about win 11 turning off tablet mode when upgraded. Does that mean that I can't use my tablet on this pc at all. As it is meant to work?...
  6. Magnet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  7. Tablet turns off completely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet turns off completely: I only want to turn screen off. Can't find Setting that needs change. Advice requested please? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/tablet-turns-off-completely/ddcf7547-f775-4dda-9c0e-36e08a153c0f
  8. Tablet won't really turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet won't really turn off: I have an iRuLu Walkin' Book W1002 (10 inch Intel Baytrail 32GB SDD). It came with Windows 8.1. When Windows 10 first came out I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10 on the device and for the last year it has performed very well with almist no problem...
  9. Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Continuum is Microsoft's new way of switching between tablet and desktop mode on a Windows 10 tablet or convertible PC as needed. Tablet mode makes Windows easier and...
  10. can't turn off tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    can't turn off tablet mode: I selected tablet mode, and I have no way of going back that I can fine. My start button does nothing(which was the original problem that I was trying to resolve). All I have is Control Panel. This has definitely been the most challenging version since 3,1 21348