Windows 10: Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?

Discus and support Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Want to learn about MDT/WDS but have a very specific requirement. I've to deploy Windows 10 64 bit on 15 computers which already have lots of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by exus69, Mar 22, 2019.

1. exus69 Win User

Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?

Hello,

Want to learn about MDT/WDS but have a very specific requirement. I've to deploy Windows 10 64 bit on 15 computers which already have lots of data in their D & E partitions. Taking their backup & restoring them after deployment is not practical. So I want to install the OS in such a way that only the Recovery partition(450 MB), EFI partition (100 MB) & C partition gets deployed without harming data in D & E partitions.

Can this be done using MDT/WDS ? I've already tried CloneZilla Server, CloneDeploy, FOG but they can't help in this scenario.

Thanks

:)

exus69, Mar 22, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Brad7623 Win User
    WDS/MDT and Imaging non ethernet devices

Hey All,

I currently use WDS/MDT for deploying images to all of our machines, but with everything going to no ethernet ports how are you all imaging devices?

We are changing tablets to a non ethernet device and I am looking for the best/fastest way to image machines. My original thoughts were to build my image and store the ISO on a bootable flash drive, but not sure on how long that would take to image..

Currently deploying win 7 64 bit enterprise, looking to move to windows 10 in the coming months.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Mods if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Thanks!

Brad7623, Mar 22, 2019
  4. SarahKong Win User

SarahKong, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ? - Similar Threads - MDT WDS deploy

2. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  3. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  4. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive: I bought a 500gb nvme ssd for my pc and I installed while my old sata 250gb drive was still in there (which had windows installed on it). I installed windows on it and instead of creating those partitions on the drive, it treated it like a dual boot system and it just used...
  6. MDT 2013 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  7. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  8. MDT and wds problem

MDT and wds problem: Hi, is have a problem with deploying windows 10 LTSC 1809 I installed a windows ltsc 1809 and customized it in audit mode with answer file copyprofile=true and run litetouch.vbs in deployment share and captured it. But my problem is: after deploying the image on new machine...
  9. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment: I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have...
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...