Windows 10: Can Microsoft Launcher sync WiFi passwords to Android from my Windows devices

Discus and support Can Microsoft Launcher sync WiFi passwords to Android from my Windows devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows laptops, tablets etc have loads of Wifi profiles. I used to love that on my Windows phone, any profile learnt by my PC would just appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IanCHC, Oct 3, 2019.

1. IanCHC Win User

Can Microsoft Launcher sync WiFi passwords to Android from my Windows devices

My Windows laptops, tablets etc have loads of Wifi profiles.
    I used to love that on my Windows phone, any profile learnt by my PC would just appear (and vice versa I think).
    Now that I have been forced by Microsoft to retire my (far better) Window phone I miss this feature a lot.
    I installed Microsoft launcher in the hope that it would do this - can it, do I have to do something? I think it sadly doesn't.

I have seen mention of a tool wifpcsync from 2012 bu it seems to have disappeared as both a Windows and Android app (it used email to transfer wifi network settings?).

So to summarise: I want the 40 networks my Windows devices know and share to be shared with new android devices?

Can I do it?

:)

IanCHC, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Brink, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Microsoft Launcher not working on my android

I have recently created a microsoft family account, I enjoy the fact that I can manage time access on PC.

I installed microsoft launcher on an android in order to check out on my kid's activity.

On microsoft account I can see the newly added device, but i have the following message :\

Turn on Launcher permissions

On your child's Android device:

• Swipe over to the Microsoft Launcher feed
    • Go to the Family card and tap on App limits
    • Turn on all needed permissions

I went on my samsung a6, swiped over, to the left, got the family card where it says all set, everything is green checked,

the app permissions has everything checked, but it seems not to work, am I doing something wrong ?

BogdanCitiriga, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Spockit Win User

Family – Device duplicated after installing Launcher (Android)

My problem is very similar (but not identical) to these community questions:

I installed Microsoft Launcher on my child's Android phone. Restrictions were then setup, and so forth, by me. Then I logged into the Family portal of my Microsoft Account to see how things reflected. To my surprise, my child's phone listed twice -- under
    different names. I am absolutely sure of this because I double checked the names: first is the phone's model code; second is the phone's official marketing name.

I have not touched my Windows 10 PC in this effort. I did everything on Android and the web. So I think this is a bug somehow initiated by the Microsoft Launcher.

My two questions:

1. How to fix it? Which is the "real" device?
    2. How do I report this problem to the Microsoft Launcher team?

Spockit, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft Launcher sync WiFi passwords to Android from my Windows devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft Launcher sync

2. Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android: I've been using this app on my Pixel 6 for years now, and today I noticed that the app isn't logged in anymore; the toolbox page on the left of the launcher isn't populated with any data.So I attempt login in via the only account email that is listed when I press Log in,...
  3. Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to log in to Microsoft Launcher on Android: I've been using this app on my Pixel 6 for years now, and today I noticed that the app isn't logged in anymore; the toolbox page on the left of the launcher isn't populated with any data.So I attempt login in via the only account email that is listed when I press Log in,...
  4. Microsoft Launcher for Android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Launcher for Android: I have a new Android mobile device. Microsoft Launcher used to allow me to place a personal message in my case, my email address on the home screen. That feature does not seem to be available now. Or perhaps I cannot find it. Any tips?...
  5. Microsoft Launcher for Android

Microsoft Launcher for Android: I have a new Android mobile device. Microsoft Launcher used to allow me to place a personal message in my case, my email address on the home screen. That feature does not seem to be available now. Or perhaps I cannot find it. Any tips?...
  6. Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working: Microsoft Account to sync wifi password not working: According to the book it says: By using the Microsoft Account to login windows to your user account it will sync the WIFI password, background, App settings, and Ease of Acess settings. So, I tested out and works:...
  7. Microsoft Launcher not working on my android

Microsoft Launcher not working on my android: I have recently created a microsoft family account, I enjoy the fact that I can manage time access on PC. I installed microsoft launcher on an android in order to check out on my kid's activity. On microsoft account I can see the newly added device, but i have the...
  8. Not sure how to use Microsoft Launcher on Android

Not sure how to use Microsoft Launcher on Android: Dear friends. I have a son of 12. We use two different computers: a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10. We have separate accounts, and his account is set as being my child. I have visited Microsoft Family Safety and gave him a specific amount of screen time and...
  9. Microsoft Launcher on your child's Android device, DEVICENAME, needs attention.

Microsoft Launcher on your child's Android device, DEVICENAME, needs attention.: Hi Folks- I've configured Microsoft Launcher on my son's Samsung Galaxy J7 which runs Android 8.0 Oreo. I've granted all permissions as requested by Microsoft Launcher during install, and also explicitly after install (special permissions, notification access). However, I...
  10. Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android, Microsoft Launcher: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] You’re standing in line at a coffee shop. Your right thumb is stre-t-ch-ing to drag out words on your phone’s keyboard while you squint to read the text on the web form you’re filling out. It’s amazing what’s possible...