Windows 10: Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via...

Discus and support Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Microsoft Photos 2018.18091.17210.0 and using the facial recognition under "People" tab to find/label people. Can this function write the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheCityMouse, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via...

I am running Microsoft Photos 2018.18091.17210.0 and using the facial recognition under "People" tab to find/label people. Can this function write the information back to the JPG metadata as a tag? I do not see that it is doing that when I look at the metadata for JPG files where Photos found and I added a name to people in the photos.

I used a similar function years ago in an earlier version of Windows and it was writing the person's name to a field named PEOPLE in the JPG metadata (see attached screenshot).

Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via... 19874226-b04e-4e1c-8841-1029cd7f41c3?upload=true.jpg ).

:)

TheCityMouse, Dec 31, 2018

2. Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via facial recognition?

I am running Microsoft Photos 2018.18091.17210.0 and using the facial recognition under "People" tab to find/label people. Can this function write the information back to the JPG metadata as a tag? I do not see that it is doing that when I look at the
    metadata for JPG files where Photos found and I added a name to people in the photos.

I used a similar function years ago in an earlier version of Windows and it was writing the person's name to a field named PEOPLE in the JPG metadata (see attached screenshot).

Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via... 19874226-b04e-4e1c-8841-1029cd7f41c3?upload=true.jpg
    ).

TheCityMouse, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via facial recognition?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that the People tags in Photos is auto generated using artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Currently we do not have an option to save the metadata (people) in photos properties.

I appreciate your effort in this and would like to encourage you to upload a feedback regarding the same in
    Feedback hub,
    so that it reaches our developer team.

Happy New Year. Have a great year ahead!

Naresh_K, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via...

Custom Label in people app is buggy.

I am able to confirm this software-bug with OS build 10586.29.

Step to reproduce

• All Apps » Settings » Accounts » Your email and accounts » Add an account » iCloud (because only CardDAV support custom phone labels)
    • All Apps » People » New » Save to: iCloud » tap on Mobile phone » Custom » Miau » +… » Save
    • Call Miau
    • All Apps » Phone » History
    Expected result

The last entry should show the name.

Actual result

The phone number is shown, without a name.

Regression

If the label is changed to a standard one, like Mobile phone, and the entry is called again, the name is shown in the history. It even shows a (2) indicating that it matched the previous call.

Note

Microsoft does not leverage Microsoft Answers for bug reporting. Why ever. Microsoft wants you to use the app Windows Feedback, which is included since Windows 10 (Mobile).

Abi99 (2), Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via...

1. Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Photos app

2. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  3. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  4. Microsoft Photos Metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  5. Microsoft Photos Metadata

Microsoft Photos Metadata: Like so many others I am struggling with Microsoft Photos. I know where to find my photos. What I need access to is the metadata I create with Microsoft Photos. I have used the program to add names to my photos, but the metadata on the photo doesn't record this info. Where...
  6. Metadata in Photos app

Metadata in Photos app: Hello everyone. My problem is, that after editing a photo in the Windows Photos app the metadata location is removed. Why? Is there some setting how to fix this? Please help....
  7. photos saved as webpage instead of .jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photos saved as webpage instead of .jpg: Lately when I open an attached photo from my phone it won't let me hit file, save as. They are going to my google drive. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-saved-as-webpage-instead-of-jpg/2454f0bb-c96b-4db5-beb6-3b22bcbd1eb6"
  8. People recognition Microsoft Photos Apps Windows 10

People recognition Microsoft Photos Apps Windows 10: i have completed a clean install of Windows 10 version 1903 Home on my Dell laptop and have Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.16210.0 installed but it only recognized a few people on initial scan and will not add new people after adding new photos to the computer. Is this a bug?...
  9. Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Microsoft Photos app (Windows 10) update JPG metadata to save People found/labeled via...: I am running Microsoft Photos 2018.18091.17210.0 and using the facial recognition under "People" tab to find/label people. Can this function write the information back to the JPG metadata as a tag? I do not see that it is doing that when I look at the metadata for JPG files...
  10. Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10

Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10: I cannot open gopro photos which are jpg files. I was able to some months ago but today I cannot open the photos I use to be able to view nor new photos. My laptop is up-to-date. What has happened - is there a problem with Window 10? I need to view these photos - please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 photos not finding people tab