Windows 10: CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10...

Discus and support CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; **Not really a question, but more of a poor experience and hope fellow people with windows10 can avoid what happened to my computer. *If you don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SALTYCUSTOMER, Jun 12, 2019.

1. CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10...

**Not really a question, but more of a poor experience and hope fellow people with windows10 can avoid what happened to my computer.

*If you don't feel like reading this story nor spending some time to read this, then basically If you own a windows 10, beware an update when shutting down can become corrupted on its own and ruin your PC forcing u to waste time to figure out hoe to fix it so try one way or another to avoid it.

Basically, it was just a normal day and night where nothing else was downloaded with normal performance on the PC, but a bloody annoying FORCED update when shutting down the computer. Do note that the computer was functioning perfectly fine for the past days, weeks and months until this update.

When turning on the computer the next morning, I was welcomed with the blue screen and that autorepair couldn't fix the issue. So, after browsing around the internet and forums here, I found people who had the same issue in the past years. I am not even going to bother with all the dumb command prompts proposed solution that may not even work and have begun to wipe my PC back to factory. While the progress is still going, I just hope to get a FUNCTIONING computer.

I have no need for microsoft updates that may not even help improve the performance of my computer or whatever stupid things it supposedly does aside from potentially harming your computer and causing you to waste a ton of time trying to find the issue. Stop forcing updates on windows 10 or whatever future windows the company comes up with. It is useless and redunant if the computer works fine without updates and don't come up with some bs lie like, "oh, but it actually does,"

:)

SALTYCUSTOMER, Jun 12, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Reefer86 Win User

CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10...

Reefer86, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10...

1. CAN MICROSOFT STOP WITH THE UPDATES ON WINDOWS 10... - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT STOP UPDATES

2. [Solution] Stop Microsoft Automatic Products Updates Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Solution] Stop Microsoft Automatic Products Updates Windows 10: I tried to build a TIME MACHINE and it was a success. The GIFT of LIFE. Remember this date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution-stop-microsoft-automatic-products-updates/8708fcf7-216d-494b-94a3-f91cf1912907
  3. If Microsoft stop support Windows 10, what I can do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If Microsoft stop support Windows 10, what I can do?: I can't change the OS and use Android phones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-microsoft-stop-support-windows-10-what-i-can-do/b94922f9-1cb7-4ba7-a29e-11f3bfc96287
  4. How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating

in Browsers and Email
    How Can I Stop Microsoft Edge from Updating: I updated my computer to windows 10 20H2, see the new chromium edge browser, and it looks alright, but im sticking with firefox until I absolutely need to use edge for whatever reason. Thing is: its update behavior of course resembles google chrome, and I never managed to get...
  5. Can a Windows update be stopped as it's downloading

Can a Windows update be stopped as it's downloading: As Windows is downloading, can it be stopped. I'm not talking about stopping updates nor am I talking about updates after they're downloaded. I'm asking if it can be stopped for example, if it's 10% or 20% downloading. Please advise. Thanks!...
  6. How can I stop windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop windows 10 update?: How can I stop windows 10 update? Windows
  7. Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10?

Can I stop using Microsoft ID in Windows 10?: Is there a benefit or not of stopping the usage of the Microsoft Id on our office Windows 10 Home editions? We buy "off the shelf" laptops and I was setting up Microsoft IDs on each new laptop. Now the controller wants to drop the Microsoft IDs, OneDrive Personal and Skype...
  8. how can i stop the automatic windows updates (windows 10)?

how can i stop the automatic windows updates (windows 10)?: I read about it but could not find an answer, as it says: "You can do this using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services. In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process. To turn it off,...
  9. can windows firewall stop windows updates?

can windows firewall stop windows updates?: if so how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-firewall-stop-windows-updates/894e6e7a-4514-44c7-81de-e6437672dd50
  10. how can i stop the windows 10 updates

how can i stop the windows 10 updates: how can i stop the windows 10 updates. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-stop-the-windows-10-updates/f124a406-d966-4c4b-93b1-0717e15bf7f1