Windows 10: Can Microsoft Store install compromised apps?

Discus and support Can Microsoft Store install compromised apps? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've reinstalled my Windows 10 today, firstly connected to my microsoft account, just in case I get some extra benefits in the beginning. After it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dadybosma, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Can Microsoft Store install compromised apps?

I've reinstalled my Windows 10 today, firstly connected to my microsoft account, just in case I get some extra benefits in the beginning. After it's done, I make a Local User, because I find it more secure, and I remove the Microsoft User. Well on the Microsoft User, it installed nvidia automatically. On the local, I get a message that Nvidia is missing. I go on the store, try to download, asks for my account and I leave it, because I don't want to connect, so it failed. I decided to do that again, I close the microsoft login once again, and it installs it, no need for my account in the end. The question is, it seemed random, I am afraid of actually having a corrupt download of nvidia, can that be possible? I mean Microsoft Store seems the most legit place to download from. It's weird considering the first time it failed because I didn't provide an account, and the second time it went through.

submitted by /u/dadybosma
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dadybosma, Mar 23, 2021
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Mar 23, 2021
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Can Microsoft Store install compromised apps?

Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Can Microsoft Store install compromised apps?

1. Can Microsoft Store install compromised apps? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store install

2. Microsoft Store app Not Installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store app Not Installed: Title says it.New CyberPowerPC GMA5400BSTV7 missing Microsoft Store app.Searches reveal Command code and PowerShell codes to fix to get Store.None work, get access denied.Have been trying for 2 days/ Any ideas?Topics should have more options.Thanks....
  3. Microsoft Store 0x80070002 - 22H2 Build 22621.521 Can not install store apps, Can not...

Microsoft Store 0x80070002 - 22H2 Build 22621.521 Can not install store apps, Can not...: This one has me stumped. I tried nearly everything on the internet.including:In Windows:Troubleshooter, wsreset.exe, app reset and repairfirewall on and offsfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthAnd this :Get-AppxPackage -allusers WindowsStore...
  4. Can install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can install Microsoft Store: I am amazed.A 10 days ago I purchased a Dell laptop. As you can suppose I have not had time to install any software.However yesterday I turned on my computer and I did a Windows 10 update. Big error. I lost Microsoft Store.When I tried to install it following the tips here in...
  5. Microsoft Store apps not installing

Microsoft Store apps not installing: I tried installing many different apps on Microsoft Store. I buyed(got) the app but could not install them, if i hit install it does literally nothing. Any ideas? Im using Windows 10 Home - - - Updated - - - It'll really help if i can get a quick response because its very...
  6. Microsoft Store will not install apps.

Microsoft Store will not install apps.: I need help fixing my Microsoft store. I am an avid FH4 player and i have been unable to update the game for almost two weeks. Whenever I try to install the update for it or any other app they just get stuck on pending. I tried to uninstall and reinstall FH4 but now...
  7. Microsoft Store not Installing Apps

Microsoft Store not Installing Apps: [ATTACH] As you can see in the picture above, I have been trying to install this VPN on my laptop since last week or so. And it shows either Downloading pending, or starting download, but its been like that for days now. Now I can't even download any other apps in the store...
  8. Microsoft Store not Installing apps.

Microsoft Store not Installing apps.: I am trying to update current apps and install new ones. But they all say "Pending"... [ATTACH] Now they have been that way for days, I am tired of waiting. I have tried retrying them multiple times. I even forced them to install, still no reaction. Got any ideas?...
  9. microsoft store not installing apps

microsoft store not installing apps: I'm having trouble installing apps. I've already checked and installed updates for Windows 10 and on Microsoft apps and have also run the troubleshooting for apps, but still having problems....
  10. Microsoft Store will not install apps

Microsoft Store will not install apps: Hello! I'm having an issue with my Microsoft Store. It won't allow me to install any apps! I can click on the install button, and it will disappear, but when you go to the downloads and updates tab, it will not show up at all! To show you what I mean, I made a brief video:...