Windows 10: Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI?

Discus and support Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect a single PC to a single WIFI multiple times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shakil___, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Shakil___ Win User

Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI?

I'm trying to connect a single PC to a single WIFI multiple times.

:)

Shakil___, Jul 26, 2018
  2. Loulybob Win User

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing

Hello,

I've been trying to get my virtual WiFi hotspot working since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it does not seem to be working. In Device Manager instead of finding an instance of Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter I have Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter installed and this is only present in Network Connections when the hosted network is started and it disappears when it is stopped, unlike the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter which was persistently in Network Connections. Also, my devices can connect to the hotspot I create but the network itself is limited and they have no internet access even though I have enabled sharing on my Ethernet connection. When trying to troubleshoot the limited connection I get the error message '"Wi-Fi does not have a valid IP configuration".

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter back? I've tried reinstalling both my Ethernet and WiFi drivers in Device manager but it always installs Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter instead. Or am I in the wrong ballpark and it is nothing to do with this new driver. Any help would be appreciated!

Loulybob, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Linney Win User
    win10 Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter

I read it as the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter might be used by Hackers to access machines and all that might involve? As a result the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter has been withdrawn for good. That is just my interpretation, so I
    could be wrong.

Did the workaround I posted offer any solution for you?

Linney, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Sann Win User

Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI?

Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.

Heyy..

I have an issue regarding an adapter of Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter.

Previously on my windows 7 Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter was installed when i started a hostednetwork(or a hotspot) through cmd.

But as i upgraded to windows 10(Presently I have windows 10 Pro..Edition 1511..Os Build 10586.420 installed in my pc) When Type following commands(without quotes) in cmd(as an admin)

"netsh wlan show drivers"

It shows

"Hostednetwork Supported: Yes"

That means I can Create a hotspot.

But When I check in my network connections window(in Control Panel) it shows a driver named as "Local Area Connection2".

Although hotspot is created, it never shares internet of my WiFi network(As I have network Connection by means of WiFi using Tp-Link USB Wireless adapter) I am unable to share my internet connection thorugh WiFi.

But As I said before, in windows 7 it shared internet connection through WiFi.

Also When i had checked before in network connections it showed a Microsoft Virtual Wireless Network connection and driver installed is Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter.

So I have a Question as "Does Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter is available for windows 10?"
    And If yes there send me a link for downloading it.
    And if not try helping me to fix it out.
    Waiting for a Reply.

Thema:

1. Can Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter be used to connect multiple times to the same WIFI? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Virtual Wifi

2. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection WAN miniports: Hi! I use windows 10 and it turned out that recently my computer has stopped browsing any pages. Internet is connected, router is fine, all the devices work well and just my computer always displays WAN mini ports which I think inhibit dns server to open pages and following...
  3. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection WAN miniports: Hi! I use windows 10 and it turned out that recently my computer has stopped browsing any pages. Internet is connected, router is fine, all the devices work well and just my computer always displays WAN mini ports which I think inhibit dns server to open pages and following...
  4. Wifi connection WAN miniports

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  6. Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter help: The Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter disappears off of my computer every night. I use pdanet to connect my phone to my tv and it will work fine for hours then suddenly the adapter stops working or completely disappears. windows 7 - android 11 samsung a32...
  7. Having to connect to WiFi multiple times

Having to connect to WiFi multiple times: I have an HP 15-dy1074nr running Windows 10. Whenever I turn it on or wake it up from sleep mode, I have to connect to my internet network multiple times to get it to work. It always fails the first time says "Connecting" but then doesn't connect and sometimes the second time...
  8. Can not enable Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter

Can not enable Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter: the goal is I want to activate Mobile hotspot that use this driver Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter #4 in order to work. apparently only this adapter, the other virtual adapter didnt work to activate mobile hotspot. but the my Microsoft Wifi Direct Virtual Adapter is...
  9. Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Missing: Hello, I've been trying to get my virtual WiFi hotspot working since I upgraded to Windows 10 and it does not seem to be working. In Device Manager instead of finding an instance of Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter I have Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter...
  10. Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.

Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue.: Heyy.. I have an issue regarding an adapter of Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter. Previously on my windows 7 Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter was installed when i started a hostednetwork(or a hotspot) through cmd. But as i upgraded to windows 10(Presently I have windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to same wifi multiple times