Windows 10: Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?

Discus and support Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by George Silvas, May 15, 2024.

1. Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?

Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?

:)

George Silvas, May 15, 2024

2. msrt

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool...

It might show during scanning any number of "infected" files but at the end of the scanning come to the conclusion that they were not infected. The result counts...

Suggestion to read these older threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, May 15, 2024
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, May 15, 2024
  4. Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?

Removal program (MSRT) doesn't remove Infected files

Bernie,

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool which tends to throw all kinds of errors and misinformation...

Suggestion to read these threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?

1. Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton? - Similar Threads - MSRT used conjunction

2. Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton?: Can MSRT be used in conjunction with Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-msrt-be-used-in-conjunction-with-norton/be6bd7d4-6fe1-4c5d-b0d6-503ebd15a8d4
  3. MSRT or MSS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSRT or MSS: This is a curiosity question. I have MSRT Malicious Software Removal Tool, and I have MSS Microsoft Safety Scanner on my computer. I ran MSRT first with it doing a full scan and it found no malicious software. Then I ran MSS doing a full scan and it found 4 software...
  4. MSRT over-reporting?

MSRT over-reporting?: HiWhile I normally depend on a 3rd party AV as an installed scanner and another 3rd party tool for secondary scans, today I decided to download and and perform a full scan using MSRT. The progress report shocked meThe scan result only showed 2 results, not 212 or more.One of...
  5. download of MSRT question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download of MSRT question: 'Pause' setting in updates is now set at 12/25/2020. Among updates listed as ready are v 2004, which I don't want and the 'malicious software removal tool' KB45890830 which I DO want installed. If I use the standalone MSRT to install it will it affect the remaining updates...
  6. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?: The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound system and any...
  7. MSRT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSRT: Why did update of malicious software removal tool reset my computer and delete all files. How can I not allow automatic updates windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msrt/092fd6e4-8880-4edf-8d45-658c09f3f3f4
  8. MSRT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSRT: Malicious software removal tool downloads but does not run, even if I use "Administrator." How to fix, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/msrt/a5b96d59-8b54-498f-aa57-cf2e1ecd99bb
  9. Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?

Norton Utilities and Norton Security useful or not ?: Just finished a reinstall of Windows 10, and I was wondering what the peanut gallery thought of these two programs. I uninstalled the Norton Security about a month ago while chasing my OS crashing issues. (Norton Security wasn't my problem), but I read good reports, and...
  10. msrt (mrt)

in Windows 10 Support
    msrt (mrt): How can I tell if I have the "Malicious Software Removal Tool" installed? 62820