Windows 10: Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...

Discus and support Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Build 19044My machine is a Digital Audio Workstation Laptop and I require to be able to prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KennyNotts, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...

Windows 10 Pro Build 19044My machine is a Digital Audio Workstation Laptop and I require to be able to prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from performing any actions on a large number of specific foldersIn the Local Group Policy Editor, I know if I go to:Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >Microsoft Defender Antivirus > Exclusionsthen Path Exclusions > Enabled > Options > Show ButtonIt brings up a "show Contents" box with a user editable area "Path Exclusions" with "Value name" & "Value"This is where I become not so clear on what I m

:)

KennyNotts, Jun 28, 2022

2. Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Hello JacenBoy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it feels when such Setting stop functioning. To have better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer?

Meanwhile, if you are on Windows 10 Pro build, you will be able to access Group Policy settings. To configure exclusions to a folder or a file, can be enabled through gpedit. To do that, you may follow the article on

Configure and validate exclusions based on file extension and folder location

We await your response.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...

1. Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be... - Similar Threads - multiple Pro Defender

2. Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...: Windows 10 Pro Build 19044My machine is a Digital Audio Workstation Laptop and I require to be able to prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from performing any actions on a large number of specific foldersIn the Local Group Policy Editor, I know if I go to:Computer...
  3. Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can multiple Windows 10 Pro Defender Exclusions be added in Group Policy or must they be...: Windows 10 Pro Build 19044My machine is a Digital Audio Workstation Laptop and I require to be able to prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from performing any actions on a large number of specific foldersIn the Local Group Policy Editor, I know if I go to:Computer...
  4. Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender: I need to add some drive letters as exclusions in the settings of Windows Defender in order that the drives with those letters may not be scanned when they are later created internally on the hard disk or are connected externally to the computer. But when I try to add an...
  5. Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy

Windows Defender blocked by Group Policy: HI Wonder if you could help I have windows 8 and I am trying to put back on Window Defender to protect my pc from any viruses. The error message I get is THIS PROGRAM IS BLOCKED BY GROUP POLICY. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR.I just would like to...
  6. Activating windows defender by group policy

Activating windows defender by group policy: Hello! can you please tell me how to activate windows defender, it is asking me for some type of group policy. please tell me how to activate with group policy because it is very important becausei do not have any other anti-virus software IT WORKED PROPERLY IN THE PAST...
  7. Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy

Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy: my windows defender is being closed according to group policy what is it and how can i open it? plz help [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-group-policy/089609b9-2735-4d45-925d-e0c80def3e2a
  8. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender: Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER "GROUP POLICY"??

WINDOWS DEFENDER "GROUP POLICY"??: Windows defender wont turn on "to allow this app to run must contact security administrator to enable program via group policy" first i thought it was because i had McAfee installed on my computer but after totally uninstalled still giving same message when attempt to turn...
  10. Windows Defender Group Policies

Windows Defender Group Policies: I am running Windows 10 (AU) 1607, and under the Windows Defender Group Policy setting I had set the Send File Samples when Further Analysis is Required to be SEND SAFE SAMPLES. What is the difference between Send Safe Samples and Send All Samples? Thanks in advance...