Windows 10: Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off?

Discus and support Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, just a few minutes ago I had a power surge, my computer was off and it was connected to a surge protector, that being said, what are the chancds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Josh W0212, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off?

Hello, just a few minutes ago I had a power surge, my computer was off and it was connected to a surge protector, that being said, what are the chancds of it being damaged?

:)

Josh W0212, Mar 25, 2023
  2. O1039 Win User

Power surge

USB power surge and now USB is not working

O1039, Mar 25, 2023
  3. Caring1 Win User
    PC restarts while gaming, power surges detected.

Even with the anti-surge turned off, the Motherboard and PSU should have OVP and OCP which deals with the minute surges that occur.
    If your power supply to the computer is that dirty you get frequent surges I suggest a surge protector board or a UPS which should have built in protection.

Caring1, Mar 25, 2023
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off?

Power surge now Ethernet connection says no IP address

Hello,

As the power surge is a dangerous happening that will surely affect your device as well as the Ethernet, here are the steps we suggest that you do in order to be connected to the internet again:

• Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands.
    • Update the network adapter driver.
    • If that doesn't work, roll back the network adapter driver.
    • Temporarily turn off firewalls.
    • Temporarily turn off any antivirus or malware-prevention software.
    • Uninstall the network adapter driver and restart.
    • Use network reset to reinstall network devices. Note that this step is the last option if the first six steps doesn't really work.

For instructions regarding the above steps, you may refer to this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Karla Alm, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off?

1. Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off? - Similar Threads - computer damaged power

2. Power Surge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Surge: I am getting the following message every time I open my PC: Hope you can see it. It's telling me to disconnect the device and hit "reset." How the heck can I hit reset if the power surge USB is the mouse? Please advise and thanks....
  3. Power Surge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Surge: I am getting the following message every time I open my PC: Hope you can see it. It's telling me to disconnect the device and hit "reset." How the heck can I hit reset if the power surge USB is the mouse? Please advise and thanks....
  4. Power Surge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off?

Can my computer get damaged from a power surge if its off?: Hello, just a few minutes ago I had a power surge, my computer was off and it was connected to a surge protector, that being said, what are the chancds of it being damaged?...
  6. Power Surge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Surge: New computer with Windows 11. I've tried plugging in two different HDD docks from two different manufacturers, both AC powered, via USB. After some time I get a power surge error. Any clue what's happening?...
  7. Power Surge

Power Surge: New computer with Windows 11. I've tried plugging in two different HDD docks from two different manufacturers, both AC powered, via USB. After some time I get a power surge error. Any clue what's happening?...
  8. Can windows crash from a power surge?

Can windows crash from a power surge?: I have the latest windows 10 20H2 update, asus laptop. And i unplugged my laptop to move it and it gave a bluescreen error and restarted a minute after. Can laptops crash from a power surge? and if so will my system be fine after the crash?...
  9. Power surge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge: I've just moved and set up my PC again but when I try to plug in my Microphone in Snowball Black iCE USB Microphone it says "Power surge on the USB port ..." after I click on it it says "A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should...
  10. Power surge

Power surge: USB power surge and now USB is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-surge/9d7aee8c-ff01-4bff-aab0-222df69a0b73