Windows 10: Can my computer upgrade to Windows 10?

Discus and support Can my computer upgrade to Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This should be simple, but I am not very good with computers and am trying to figure out if my Toshiba laptop can be upgraded to windows 10. The model... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RLAMason, Dec 2, 2019.

1. RLAMason Win User

Can my computer upgrade to Windows 10?

This should be simple, but I am not very good with computers and am trying to figure out if my Toshiba laptop can be upgraded to windows 10. The model number is Satellite C855-S5214. I have looked and I don't think it can, but the list is confusing. Thank you so much for your help!

:)

RLAMason, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Can my computer upgrade to Windows 10? - Similar Threads - computer upgrade

2. Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer.: Hey all, I tried calling customer service on the phone about this issue but I was told it would be 23 hours and 40+ minutes for a call back which is ridiculous. I need to test the parts I received as soon and as thorough as I can before the 30 day warranty goes out because it...
  3. Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Lag after RAM Upgrade: Hi. I recently upgraded my ram from 2gb to 5gb and suddenly windows, games and programs lag. They are the same clockspeed and same brand and my motherboard supports it. Pls tell me if there is a fix. My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 5.0 GB (4.86 Usable)...
  4. The latest automatic Windows upgrade has disrupted my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The latest automatic Windows upgrade has disrupted my computer: Windows update has wiped all of the files from m,y computer - again! Microsoft staff helped me last week when this happened but this morning I discovered it has happened again with on overnight update. Can anyone tell me how to go about recovering all of my Microsoft Office...
  5. Upgrading computer

Upgrading computer: I will be building a new computer to replace my current one very soon. Will I need to purchase another copy of windows 10 or can I use the USB copy I originally purchased years ago to install on the new computer? The drives of the old one will be secure erased if I either...
  6. can i upgrade my window 7 ultimate toshiba labtpo computer to window 10?

can i upgrade my window 7 ultimate toshiba labtpo computer to window 10?: can i upgrade my window 7 ultimate toshiba labtpo computer to window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-window-7-ultimate-toshiba-labtpo/a7ae54e6-8c8d-444e-9559-2593f2216890
  7. my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is locked up while upgrading in Windows 10: .I cant turn it off , the task bars dont show and the desktop just shows upgrading but stuck at 91%. I cant get it off or restart it. Please help...
  8. Can I upgrade multiple computers with the Windows 10 USB I have from the store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I upgrade multiple computers with the Windows 10 USB I have from the store?: Hello!, I built a computer and bought the windows 10 boot USB to install on the hard drive. My company has some slow internet. Mainly just used for emails. So downloading the program would take a while. Can I use the USB that came with my Windows 10 to upgrade from windows 7...
  9. after upgrade my desktop computer has no software

after upgrade my desktop computer has no software: it needs windows install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrade-my-desktop-computer-has-no-software/8acf53b9-7953-40e5-9c3b-f9016384067d
  10. Move upgrade from dead computer?

Move upgrade from dead computer?: I've been reading assorted posts and answers for the past couple weeks, but haven't found a response that addresses my situation, which seems odd, since I can't be the only one to ever have experienced this. There are two parts to this, with the second dependent on the first....