Windows 10: Can my desktop have multiple pages ?

Discus and support Can my desktop have multiple pages ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788 First, everything works perfectly. No issues. I LIKE how the desktop works in that it allows me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/No_Cloud3269, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Can my desktop have multiple pages ?

Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788

First, everything works perfectly. No issues.

I LIKE how the desktop works in that it allows me to move around my icons and place them where I want.

Here's my motivation.

I have way too many things on my desktop.

I was wondering if Windows 10 has a way to allow my desktop to have multiple pages ?

IE:

I would like to be able to swipe left (up or down for that matter) and see another page of my desktop.

I would then like to select and drag icons from the first page of my desktop to the second page so that they no longer appear on the first page.

Then I could arrange them on the second page of my desktop as I would like.

Kinda, sorta like how the existing virtual desktops work but for storage not organizing executing applications.

I hope that makes sense.

Thoughts ?

submitted by /u/No_Cloud3269
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/No_Cloud3269, Apr 2, 2023
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Another page/screen

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 has a feature to create multiple desktops that can have a wide range of apps. For us to help you with your concern and delete the second desktop, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• On the taskbar, select the Task View icon.
    • Desktop 1 and Desktop 2 will appear at the bottom of your screen.
    • Hover your mouse at the Desktop that you'd like to delete. Click the
      red X icon
      at the top to delete the Desktop permanently.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article:
    Multiple desktops in Windows 10
    for further reference.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Apr 2, 2023
  3. How to print a page of my desktop

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist with it.

To take a print of your desktop, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below.

• Go to desktop.

• Press Print Screen key from your keyboard.

• Open Paint application.

• Press Ctrl + V key.

• If the printer is connected, press Ctrl + P.

• Select the printer to print the page and click on
      OK
      button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 2, 2023
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can my desktop have multiple pages ?

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

Can my desktop have multiple pages ?

1. Can my desktop have multiple pages ? - Similar Threads - desktop multiple pages

2. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  3. Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I permanently save my multiple desktops?: Is there a way to keep multiple desktops active even after shut down or restarting my computer. It seems like the multiple desktop feature only works if your computer will be on sleep mode but if you restart or shutdown, all your windows are put back into a single...
  4. Can my Windows 10 destop have multiple pages ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my Windows 10 destop have multiple pages ?: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788First, everything works perfectly. No issues.I LIKE how the desktop works in that it allows me to move around my icons and place them where I want.Here's my motivation.I have way too many things on my desktop.I was wondering if...
  5. Can my Windows 10 destop have multiple pages ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can my Windows 10 destop have multiple pages ?: Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788First, everything works perfectly. No issues.I LIKE how the desktop works in that it allows me to move around my icons and place them where I want.Here's my motivation.I have way too many things on my desktop.I was wondering if...
  6. Can my Windows 10 destop have multiple pages ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can I set multiple wallpapers on my desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I set multiple wallpapers on my desktops?: Hi, I just got a computer with Windows 10 and was wondering if you can have different wallpapers on each desktop? I really liked that feature on my last Apple computer so is that possible on Windows 10? submitted by /u/universalmadman [link] [comments]...
  8. Can I have multiple clocks on my desktop?

Can I have multiple clocks on my desktop?: Is there a way to have multiple clocks so when I click desktop I can easily see them as my desktop background? submitted by /u/singlespeedman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib7j66/can_i_have_multiple_clocks_on_my_desktop/
  9. Can a single user have multiple, visually-distinct "desktop" layouts?

Can a single user have multiple, visually-distinct "desktop" layouts?: I would like to set up different visual environments for different types of work/play on my PC, for example: "Studio" desktop -- wallpaper of my favorite recording studio. Shortcuts on the desktop/taskbar icons for Cubase, Sibelius, etc. (music production software),...
  10. Multiple pictures on my account page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple pictures on my account page: Settings-Accounts. Right under "Your Info" title, there should be my photo, and under that my name and my email. Instead of one photo, there's a large photo normal and two smaller, identical photos. I forget how they got there, I think I was trying to change the original...