Windows 10: Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN?

Discus and support Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I commute to work and live there combined for nearly six months a year. As you can imagine I have a lot of free time at work and I do not want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hoggorm, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Hoggorm Win User

Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN?

Hello,

I commute to work and live there combined for nearly six months a year. As you can imagine I have a lot of free time at work and I do not want my employer to know what I'm surfing and doing on the internet when not actually at work.

When I do work for my employer however there are PCs available that are connected to the network, and I never use them for private stuff. Only work there.

I have a private laptop (and iPad/iPhone) with me however and at home my router is running a VPN server that I connect to via the Wi-Fi provided at work.

Can my employer see what I do on the internet when I am using my private laptop while connected to the VPN server at home?

If so, what can they see and what can they not see? What is private and what is not private?

:)

Hoggorm, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 3, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN? :D

P4-630, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN?

vpn is not working

Hi,

To address your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Is your WiFi enabled when trying to connect to VPN?
    • Were you able to use WiFi without connecting to VPN?

If you can use WiFi properly without connecting to VPN, we suggest that you refer to your company's IT folks.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN?

1. Can my employer see what I do at work when I am connected to VPN? - Similar Threads - employer connected VPN

2. I am being charged for subscriptions I started with my previous employer. I can no longer...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am being charged for subscriptions I started with my previous employer. I can no longer...: There are three monthly charges that I believe were started using my previous employer's email address. I think they are related to Windows and Outlook. I tried logging in using my old email thinking it was more of a username but it takes me to my previous employer's sign in...
  3. I am being charged for subscriptions I started with my previous employer. I can no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am being charged for subscriptions I started with my previous employer. I can no longer...: There are three monthly charges that I believe were started using my previous employer's email address. I think they are related to Windows and Outlook. I tried logging in using my old email thinking it was more of a username but it takes me to my previous employer's sign in...
  4. Does ISP see whats in my phone, computer, when i am connected to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does ISP see whats in my phone, computer, when i am connected to internet: HiDo anyone know, does my isp see ecsample my phone gallery, when I have just wifi on. But the gallery dont need internet connection itself....
  5. Does ISP see whats in my phone, computer, when i am connected to internet

Does ISP see whats in my phone, computer, when i am connected to internet: HiDo anyone know, does my isp see ecsample my phone gallery, when I have just wifi on. But the gallery dont need internet connection itself....
  6. What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked: I let my use the laptop and got it back, something is not right. I just feel like someone is here with me. I don't know for sure but I found a profile Photo that creeped me out It was to small to make it clear it was distorted. Is there any way I could check to see if someone...
  7. What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked

What Can I Do To see if my laptop is not hacked: I let my use the laptop and got it back, something is not right. I just feel like someone is here with me. I don't know for sure but I found a profile Photo that creeped me out It was to small to make it clear it was distorted. Is there any way I could check to see if someone...
  8. Why can I not connect to vpn?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not connect to vpn?: I was trying to create a vpn since I had a close counter with some hackers. So I decided to make a vpn, and I set its type to automatic, and I get this error saying: Here is my vpn setup:Did I do anything wrong or what? Please help!...
  9. Can my employer see what I do at home when I am connected to VPN?

Can my employer see what I do at home when I am connected to VPN?: I work remotely. All equipment belongs to me. My personal laptop/internet. To work I have to start a vpn session and log into a computer at the office using RDP. Since I have dual monitors I run my rdp session on one screen and I usually have youtube or netflix up in the...
  10. I can not save what I am working on my computer?

I can not save what I am working on my computer?: I can not save what I am working on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-save-what-i-am-working-on-my-computer/990dd497-e7d1-458d-84ac-c9ccbccf83d2"