Windows 10: Can my information be stolen even outside the microsoft edge app

Discus and support Can my information be stolen even outside the microsoft edge app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally clicked on a milicious ad but then i left the page as soon as i could and deleted all cookies but i dont know if my information will... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DomFlamo, Nov 18, 2020.

1. DomFlamo Win User

Can my information be stolen even outside the microsoft edge app

I accidentally clicked on a milicious ad but then i left the page as soon as i could and deleted all cookies but i dont know if my information will still be stolen outside and inside the app

:)

DomFlamo, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Can my information be stolen even outside the microsoft edge app

Microsoft Edge gone on task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps:

• Click on Start Menu which is on bottom left corner on the screen.

• And then click on All Apps.

• From the list select Microsoft Edge and
      Right click on Microsoft Edge.

• And Click on pin to taskbar.
    Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Can my information be stolen even outside the microsoft edge app

1. Can my information be stolen even outside the microsoft edge app - Similar Threads - information stolen outside

2. About Information on Windows & Microsoft Edge Updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Information on Windows & Microsoft Edge Updates.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS along with Microsoft Edge Web Browser.Would like to when does Microsoft releases updates for following in Month:→ Windows 11 OS.→ Microsoft Edge Web Browser for Windows OS.→...
  3. My microsoft account is stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account is stolen: Hello I had a Microsoft account, I got three emails from Microsoft that my email address is changed but this emails was in 21 June and I just discovered it when I tried to login to my account and it said ''We couldn't find an account with that username. Try another'' I tried...
  4. My microsoft account is stolen

My microsoft account is stolen: Hello I had a Microsoft account, I got three emails from Microsoft that my email address is changed but this emails was in 21 June and I just discovered it when I tried to login to my account and it said ''We couldn't find an account with that username. Try another'' I tried...
  5. My microsoft account is stolen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. my Microsoft was stolen

my Microsoft was stolen: Hi, my name is Andrew, and my account was stolen, but I have access to my account on account.microsoft.com and was wondering if there is anything I could do using that to get my account back. I was aware that my email was changed so I can't change my password....
  7. my Microsoft was stolen

my Microsoft was stolen: Hi, my name is Andrew, and my account was stolen, but I have access to my account on account.microsoft.com and was wondering if there is anything I could do using that to get my account back. I was aware that my email was changed so I can't change my password....
  8. my Microsoft was stolen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Stolen information

Stolen information: Hi there,My son got a pop up on his laptop with a Trojan horse saying his personal information had been compromised. There was a number to call for Microsoft so he did. He is 18 and nieve. The person sounds like he was from India said that he needed access to his computer to...
  10. install apps outside microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    install apps outside microsoft store: Dear Sir, I've tried many times to install some apps outside the Microsoft store, but it has really difficult to me. I've read some instruction just like this setting/apps & features/For developers but this windows setting doesn't have this option For developers, Please I...