Windows 10: Can my lap get Virus if I just plug a USB containing virus

Discus and support Can my lap get Virus if I just plug a USB containing virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A USB connected to my laptop and suddenly windows defender blocked Worm:Win32/Gamarue.gen!lnk virus from the pendrive. I formated the pendrive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Basithkle, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Basithkle Win User

Can my lap get Virus if I just plug a USB containing virus

A USB connected to my laptop and suddenly windows defender blocked Worm:Win32/Gamarue.gen!lnk virus from the pendrive. I formated the pendrive immediately and unplugged.This is the first time I'm connecting that pendrive to my laptop. Is there any chance that my laptop got affected the virus?Nb : I didn't even opened the usb drive from file explorer

:)

Basithkle, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Davidelmo Win User

Virus?

Plug in USB external HD
    Copy across his music and movies
    Just format and re-install

I don't see that you would copy the virus across that way

Davidelmo, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Virus...NOOOOO!

Then its not a virus, i thought its a little strange that a virus was still going in safe mode. But i dont know what to suggest it could be? Are you using the same pc to connect to the internet, just with a linux partition?

BradleyKZN, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Can my lap get Virus if I just plug a USB containing virus

Bootable windows contains virus

There's some virus on my computer right know, and i like to reinstall my windows. Since i dont have any other computer to create bootable so it's safe to create bootable ISO from computer that contains virus ?
    I kinda scare that virus also injecting to my flash drive while i create bootable.

mikelferdinan, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Can my lap get Virus if I just plug a USB containing virus

1. Can my lap get Virus if I just plug a USB containing virus - Similar Threads - lap Virus plug

2. I just downloaded an virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just downloaded an virus: Hello, my name is Loyalty but you can call me Loyal!So basically around 6:00 I downloaded a file not knowing it was a virus and now it takes up to 20GB off my storage. I don't want to reset my PC cause I have so many important things to get on to and I have really big files...
  3. If I open a folder containing a virus, will I get a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I open a folder containing a virus, will I get a virus?: I'm gonna make this as short as I can. As the question above states, If I open a folder containing a virus, will I get a virus? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-open-a-folder-containing-a-virus-will-i-get-a/593d63fd-94c2-422f-a560-b242b4756ad7
  4. If I open a folder containing a virus, will I get a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I open a folder containing a virus, will I get a virus?: I'm gonna make this as short as I can. As the question above states, If I open a folder containing a virus, will I get a virus? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-open-a-folder-containing-a-virus-will-i-get-a/593d63fd-94c2-422f-a560-b242b4756ad7
  5. Can a virus get onto my USB drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a virus get onto my USB drive: I am sure my windows 10 laptop has a virus in it, so I have decided to do a factory reset of the laptop. However, I have some very important files on the laptop which I want to keep and I am pretty sure if I run the "keep my personal files" option on the factory reset the...
  6. Can you transfer a virus to/from a USB by simply plugging it in?

Can you transfer a virus to/from a USB by simply plugging it in?: Can you transfer a virus to/from a USB or external hard drive simply by plugging it in without transferring any data? And what situations or types of viruses might this happen? How common is this if it does happen? And are there any ways to avoid it?...
  7. "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

"StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??: [ATTACH]What is this? It says that StartupCheckLibrary.dll could not start as the file contains a virus or unwanted software. Couldnt really find much helpful info online. Except for one guy saying it wasnt actually malware but instead just "just some old tasks that were...
  8. ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted: So, I deleted Chrome because it was not working right and I went to download it again and it said, "chromesetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted". I have no idea what to do, and I need it for school. Please help. I even checked all my files, looked at videos, I also...
  9. plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...

plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...: hi, It happened before that when I plugged in my USB drive to my laptop, I got a message from Windows Defender that there is a virus but blocked it or put under quarantine. I had it taken care of. I think it is something like autorun... I reformatted my USB drive and put all...
  10. Bootable windows contains virus

Bootable windows contains virus: There's some virus on my computer right know, and i like to reinstall my windows. Since i dont have any other computer to create bootable so it's safe to create bootable ISO from computer that contains virus ? I kinda scare that virus also injecting to my flash drive while i...