Windows 10: Can my laptop run windows 10?

Discus and support Can my laptop run windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sooo I really don't know shit about laptops. It's a HP Elitebook 8540p with 8GB and the System BIOS is from 2015. I've been trying to update it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eichkoatzalschwoaf, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Can my laptop run windows 10?

Sooo I really don't know shit about laptops.

It's a HP Elitebook 8540p with 8GB and the System BIOS is from 2015.

I've been trying to update it to Windows 10 and it won't.

Reason is, I use Adobe animate cc and Adobe media encoder cc and recently my media encoder cc just stopped working. It's giving me an error. Adobe animate cc is fine. I can't even download the free trial or whatever because it keeps saying the grace period is over and/or that my system is too old. I'm just so confused on what to do.

Edit: Laptop has a sticker in the bottom that says windows7 and Intel core pro

submitted by /u/Eichkoatzalschwoaf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eichkoatzalschwoaf, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Can my laptop run windows 10?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can my laptop run windows 10?

1. Can my laptop run windows 10? - Similar Threads - laptop run

2. Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...: Need to open Microsoft Works Files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-microsoft-11-on-laptop-i-have-a/51d00593-f2b0-4e8b-b23c-6bef500c5d1b
  3. Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Microsoft 11 on Laptop. I have a subscription For Microsoft 365. I need to open...: Need to open Microsoft Works Files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-microsoft-11-on-laptop-i-have-a/51d00593-f2b0-4e8b-b23c-6bef500c5d1b
  4. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  5. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  6. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  7. How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...

How do I resolve the sound crackling on Surface Laptop Go 3? The laptop is running on...: Please help resolve the crackling sound on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resolve-the-sound-crackling-on-surface/5a1a7d45-0eb5-4bc7-825e-897998e5c348
  8. We have a new Asus laptop running windows 11 & a Canon PIXMA MX880 and we keep getting the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We have a new Asus laptop running windows 11 & a Canon PIXMA MX880 and we keep getting the...: We have already gone to the canon website, downloaded & installed the drivers. What are we doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-have-a-new-asus-laptop-running-windows-11-a/af3c5208-b23b-47a5-ba30-f7f36464b3ac
  9. We have a new Asus laptop running windows 11 & a Canon PIXMA MX880 and we keep getting the...

We have a new Asus laptop running windows 11 & a Canon PIXMA MX880 and we keep getting the...: We have already gone to the canon website, downloaded & installed the drivers. What are we doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-have-a-new-asus-laptop-running-windows-11-a/af3c5208-b23b-47a5-ba30-f7f36464b3ac
  10. Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in Disk D it say I have 6 GB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hi this is my first problems in my laptop that runs windows 10 in Disk D it say I have 6 GB...: I go in settings and than I go to storage VIEW STORAGE ON OTHER DIRVES Than I click D drive temporary= 6.25 GB but recycle bin is emptyAnd when every I go go to clear it in settings it shows me 0 bytesplz help...