Windows 10: Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer?

Discus and support Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This may seem a weird question, but I cannot find an answer where online. Just set up a new computer. I signed it into my Microsoft personal account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kievreece29, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer?

This may seem a weird question, but I cannot find an answer where online.

Just set up a new computer. I signed it into my Microsoft personal account and work account. Then, I suddenly realized I could not use sync settings. It stated: "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this."

After some digging I found out that my organization can have this disabled since I'm signed into their account. Then, I asked myself: How much control can my company's I.T. department instill on a personal device? That answer I can't find.

I'd imagine that on a company device, they have tighter policies on the device and pre-installed settings to prevent tampering. But this is a personal device...I'm just slightly concerned that I just chained my computer to them and am leaving it under their control.

I'd appreciate honest answers on this. If it comes down to it, I'll remove the account and use my phone to access email.

:)

kievreece29, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer? :(

Zakin, Jun 10, 2019
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer?

1. Can my Microsoft work account manage my computer? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account manage

2. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...: I logged into my personal Microsoft account on a laptop at work, now when viewing the local account on the work laptop, my personal Microsoft account shows. I would like to remove my personal account from the local account on the laptop but I can't delete the local profile....
  3. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...: I logged into my personal Microsoft account on a laptop at work, now when viewing the local account on the work laptop, my personal Microsoft account shows. I would like to remove my personal account from the local account on the laptop but I can't delete the local profile....
  4. I signed into my microsoft account on a work computer, now my microsoft account is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quota management not working on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quota management not working on my computer: The Video of not workingPlease check the video. Thank you very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quota-management-not-working-on-my-computer/26966c9c-66aa-432a-888b-454e43c058e2
  6. Quota management not working on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quota management not working on my computer: The Video of not workingPlease check the video. Thank you very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quota-management-not-working-on-my-computer/26966c9c-66aa-432a-888b-454e43c058e2
  7. Quota management not working on my computer

8. My microsoft work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft work account: I am trying to login to my work account on microsoft and it says that my account is blocked and that the block was initiated by saml"at"woodgrove.net. who is this and why do they have the authority to monitor my account? Much less block access to it...
  9. My microsoft work account

My microsoft work account: I am trying to login to my work account on microsoft and it says that my account is blocked and that the block was initiated by saml"at"woodgrove.net. who is this and why do they have the authority to monitor my account? Much less block access to it...
  10. manage my Microsoft account - Dashboard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    manage my Microsoft account - Dashboard: I have several computers in my home. all share a wifi connection for the internet and networking. Four of the units are used daily. For rewards, I connect daily with https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/?fref=home.banner.rewards. On the unit I amusing now - a Dell Laptop -...