Windows 10: Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?

Discus and support Can my parents see what I printed on the home network? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a lot of confidential documents to print at home. They are saved in my personal vault, but I am going to be printing them on the home network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by U.O._277, Dec 3, 2023.

1. U.O._277 Win User

Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?

I have a lot of confidential documents to print at home. They are saved in my personal vault, but I am going to be printing them on the home network, which my dad is the administrator of, and I don't have admin access. My laptop, his computer, and everyone's mobiles are the only devices on the network. Will he be able to open and read my documents once I print them, or are they only available while they're printing? We have an Epson 2840 printer, and I'm running Windows 10. I have tried googling to find the answer, but I keep getting results for office networks, no matter how I phrase the ques

:)

U.O._277, Dec 3, 2023

2. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Print Banner

Hi Terri,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your printer?
    • Is the computer is connected to any domain network?
    • Is the printer is connected locally with the system or shared printer through network?
    I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Devices and Printers.
    • Right-click the printer you want to manage, and then click Printer properties. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Disable banner sheet - in Printing Defaults (Advanced tab in printer properties).
    • Also uncheck "Enable advanced printing features".
    Please get back to us with the above information to help you further.

Darshan J, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?

Windows 10 Wireless Printing

I am on a wireless network and have tried printing to 3 different wireless printers connected to my network. I am unable to print to any of them. Our other laptop can print to all of them on the same network. Any suggestions?

MitchellTrager, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?

1. Can my parents see what I printed on the home network? - Similar Threads - parents printed home

2. Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?: I have a lot of confidential documents to print at home. They are saved in my personal vault, but I am going to be printing them on the home network, which my dad is the administrator of, and I don't have admin access. My laptop, his computer, and everyone's mobiles are the...
  3. Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can my parents see what I printed on the home network?: I have a lot of confidential documents to print at home. They are saved in my personal vault, but I am going to be printing them on the home network, which my dad is the administrator of, and I don't have admin access. My laptop, his computer, and everyone's mobiles are the...
  4. If i turn off "share my activity" in the app called "Family" can my parent still see what i...

If i turn off "share my activity" in the app called "Family" can my parent still see what i...: I recently turned 13 and i was wondering if when i flip my activity eg downloading apps, app usage ect is no longer shared whatsoever.Thanks for the help!...
  5. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  6. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.: I have 4 computers on a home network. One computer can not see itself in NETORK on File Explorer. The other 3 computers all running Win 10 21H2 can see each other but not the one computer that can see itself. I tried the suggestion of enabling SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing...
  7. my computer cannot see itself on network but can see other computers in home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  9. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  10. What is shortcut for See What's Printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is shortcut for See What's Printing: How can I make a shortcut to See What's Printing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-shortcut-for-see-whats-printing/9cb6d3ec-192a-42f1-a471-a3626aaac4bb