Windows 10: Can my Windows 10 display language be Chinese, but have my default input language be English?

Discus and support Can my Windows 10 display language be Chinese, but have my default input language be English? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 installed with default language of traditional Chinese. I also set up to input in traditional Chinese or English. The default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaneKD, Mar 5, 2019.

1. JaneKD Win User

Can my Windows 10 display language be Chinese, but have my default input language be English?

Hi, I have Windows 10 installed with default language of traditional Chinese. I also set up to input in traditional Chinese or English. The default input language is Chinese. I would like to know if the default can be set to English. Basically, I am asking whether the default display language can be different from the default input language. Right now I always have to switch the input language in the taskbar after reboot. Thanks!

:)

JaneKD, Mar 5, 2019
  2. pierxiu Win User

Can I have a different default input method from the display language

I just upgraded from Windows 7 and I realized in Windows 10 the input method is bundled with the language. What I want is to display in English but have a default input method of Chinese. But in the language settings they are bundled and when I "move up" the Chinese to the top both the display language and input method are changed. Is it possible to set the default input method and display language separately?

Thank you.

pierxiu, Mar 5, 2019
  3. JaneKD Win User
    Can I Display in Traditional Chinese and Set Input Method to English as default?

Hi,

I have set my Windows 10 display language to Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), so that my folders and menu labels are in Chinese. However, that also defaults my Input language to Chinese. The language icon always shows Chinese. But since I usually browse
    the internet and write emails in English, I always have to remember to change the input method to English.

Is there a way for the best of both worlds? Displaying all the menus and labels in Chinese, and yet defaulting to English input when I type? Thank you very much for helping.

JaneKD, Mar 5, 2019
  4. inam Win User

Can my Windows 10 display language be Chinese, but have my default input language be English?

Language conversion from chinese to english

I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still language is in Chinese... I donʻt know how to change the Language. How and what to do plz help me....

inam, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Can my Windows 10 display language be Chinese, but have my default input language be English? - Similar Threads - display language Chinese

2. Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?: Hello All,I have one issue that my windows keep mixing Arabic and English together somehow, even I chose English to be my default language.I added Arabic Language in order to add it to my keyboard then this issue came up, I removed Arabic from my settings but still my windows...
  3. Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Arabic language is displaying while my default language is English?: Hello All,I have one issue that my windows keep mixing Arabic and English together somehow, even I chose English to be my default language.I added Arabic Language in order to add it to my keyboard then this issue came up, I removed Arabic from my settings but still my windows...
  4. duplication of the English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplication of the English input language: Hi Community! When I want to change input language, using 'window' + 'space', I can now see a 'duplication' of the English option even though my setting says there should only be one English and one Swedish option see image. Can someone explain how I get rid of this...
  5. How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English

How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English: Hi everyone, I have installed the WIN 10 pro chinese version, but I wanted to use the whole system by using the English language, kindly advise how to change the language setting, thank you for your attention....
  6. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  7. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  8. How to use English as default input language?

How to use English as default input language?: For window 10 Traditional Chinese version, I would like to know on how to set English as default input language and remove any Chinese input. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. change my chinese language to english

change my chinese language to english: Im trying to change my Chinese system language into English... wont change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-my-chinese-language-to-english/fb1036ee-78ba-455e-a356-8d5d73ebf4ea
  10. Language conversion from chinese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Language conversion from chinese to english: I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still...