Windows 10: Can Narrator read a selected paragraph on a browser?

Discus and support Can Narrator read a selected paragraph on a browser? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found that Narrator can read aloud paragraphs in Word, Notepad, etc by using the keyboard shortcut: Narrator + Shift + Down arrow. But not on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by antonio3535, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Can Narrator read a selected paragraph on a browser?

I found that Narrator can read aloud paragraphs in Word, Notepad, etc by using the keyboard shortcut: Narrator + Shift + Down arrow. But not on a browser. I wonder if there's some way to make it selected paragraphs on a browser too.

Any help much welcome.

:)

antonio3535, Aug 25, 2019

2. narrator settings

I want to select specific paragraph/lines and use narrator to read it aloud to me while I am reading text web pages . I don't want narrator to read entire things on the webpage. how can I do it?

MohammedFayazuddin, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Can Narrator read a selected paragraph on a browser?

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hello Brenda,

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to turn off narrator.

• Type ease of access in the search bar and press enter

• Click on Narrator and turn off
    Reference:

Hear text read aloud with Narrator

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Can Narrator read a selected paragraph on a browser?

1. Can Narrator read a selected paragraph on a browser? - Similar Threads - Narrator read selected

2. How can I get narrator to read pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get narrator to read pdf?: I am not vision impaired, nor have I used windows narrator before. I was hoping I could use it to listen to some journal articles, but when I tried it all it would do is describe various buttons on the screen. Reading pdf files should have been implemented a long time ago,...
  3. How can I get narrator to read pdf?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get narrator to read pdf?: I am not vision impaired, nor have I used windows narrator before. I was hoping I could use it to listen to some journal articles, but when I tried it all it would do is describe various buttons on the screen. Reading pdf files should have been implemented a long time ago,...
  4. Is there a way to select onscreen texts, like in Notepad, to read outloud with W10's Narrator?

Is there a way to select onscreen texts, like in Notepad, to read outloud with W10's Narrator?: I can't seem to find a way to do this. I don't want Narrator to read everything on my screen like dialog boxes! I just want it to read my select/highlighted texts in Notepad, Word, web browsers' web pages, etc. I can do this easily in macOS and iOS.Thank you for reading and...
  5. Crackle speaker on narrator reading text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackle speaker on narrator reading text: The speaker on my new laptop makes a crackling sound when I use the narrator to read on-screen text. While playing games and listening to music, speakers function perfectly. Also, when I use the narrator with headphones, there is no crackling sound.Is there anything wrong...
  6. Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?: Like the title said, Can Narrator read texts from images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-narrator-on-windows-11-22h2-do-ocr-reading/5da74a7b-87c7-4e98-9299-aa685909f91e
  7. Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?

Can Narrator on windows 11 22H2 do OCR reading?: Like the title said, Can Narrator read texts from images? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-narrator-on-windows-11-22h2-do-ocr-reading/5da74a7b-87c7-4e98-9299-aa685909f91e
  8. Have the narrator read my selection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have the narrator read my selection?: I have a question about the narrator that goes beyond its core purpose (accessibility). Is there a way to use the narrator (or other Windows tool) to read aloud any of the following? A text file My clipboard contents A text selection (like something I highlight, formatted...
  9. Can narrator somehow just read text that I have selected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can narrator somehow just read text that I have selected?: I'm looking for a way to have selected text read to me with a keyboard shortcut. I can't seem to figure out a way to make Narrator work like this. Its just always trying to read everything on the screen. Is there a way to make Narrator work like this? If not, is there some...
  10. Can narrator somehow just read text that I have selected?

Can narrator somehow just read text that I have selected?: I'm looking for a way to have selected text read to me with a keyboard shortcut. I can't seem to figure out a way to make Narrator work like this. Its just always trying to read everything on the screen. Is there a way to make Narrator work like this? If not, is there some...