Windows 10: Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps

Discus and support Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi everyone, A few days ago, I tried to download an app form the Microsoft store for my Surface Go, but an error message appeared. I then tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SalvaMV, Feb 17, 2019.

1. SalvaMV Win User

Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps

Hi everyone,

A few days ago, I tried to download an app form the Microsoft store for my Surface Go, but an error message appeared. I then tried downloading another apps, with the same result. I searched in the Internet, and tried several solutions (logging out and then in, running wsreset.exe, erasing the cache, etc.), to no avail. I then reset the Surface to the factory settings: again the same problem. I then discovered that the problem is present in my Surface Pro, too: I cannot update it or download new sofware from the Store, either. This perhaps suggests that the problem is related to the account itself, and not to a particular computer. However, I have browsed my account settings and have found no indication that anything is wrong.

In summary, I currently have a mostly useless Surface Go, with only the preloaded software. Could anyone help me with this problem? I need my Surface Go back to work...

Thanks in advance!

:)

SalvaMV, Feb 17, 2019

2. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Can neither update Windows nor download Store apps - Similar Threads - neither update nor

2. I can neither install nor update anything from the windows store windows 10 Error Code :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can neither install nor update anything from the windows store windows 10 Error Code :...: Today ClipChamp started to malfunction, so I decided from the Win 10 settings to reset it and restore it, since the previous one had not worked for me. As it did not work either restore the app, I decided to uninstall it and when I tried to install it again I could not, I...
  3. I can neither install nor update anything from the windows store windows 10 Error Code :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can neither install nor update anything from the windows store windows 10 Error Code :...: Today ClipChamp started to malfunction, so I decided from the Win 10 settings to reset it and restore it, since the previous one had not worked for me. As it did not work either restore the app, I decided to uninstall it and when I tried to install it again I could not, I...
  4. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  5. many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other

many apps not working, neither Photo nor Microsoft store and many other: I have had my computer for 2 weeks. It came with Windows 11 already installed brand new. Things were working great, but now I suddenly cannot open my photos. I get a message that says "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more info about photos." However, I also...
  6. Neither can I install these updates nor remove them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither can I install these updates nor remove them: There are these 3 updates available. If click on download and install all, it remains the same. If I have a close look, it says error occurred for a millisecond .Even if I try to install them one after the other, it's the same....
  7. Neither can I install these updates nor remove them

Neither can I install these updates nor remove them: There are these 3 updates available. If click on download and install all, it remains the same. If I have a close look, it says error occurred for a millisecond .Even if I try to install them one after the other, it's the same....
  8. Your Phone Windows App on Surface Pro Can Neither Update nor Launch

Your Phone Windows App on Surface Pro Can Neither Update nor Launch: Hello, My Surface Pro's OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.18362. It came pre-installed with the Your Phone App. My Android phone has Android version 9. Launching the Your Phone app on the Surface always sends me to the update screen, which if clicked return me...
  9. Cannot update windows, nor can I download install apps in the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows, nor can I download install apps in the Microsoft Store.: Hello. Upon trying to download a game from the Microsoft Store, I came across this error: [IMG] I tried to reset the app, that did not work. I tried the troubleshooter for the Microsoft Store, did not work. I also tried a clean boot: nope. And while searching for a method to...
  10. Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Neither Windows Store nor Edge Recognizing Internet connection: I continuously get Code: 0x80072EFD in Microsoft Store, but Microsoft Edge as well as Cortana. It will open my settings menu, which again says that my wifi isn't connected to any network, much less the internet. (which, it is otherwise I sure the hell couldn't be posting...