Windows 10: Can never get bluetooth transfer from windows to phones/tablets

Discus and support Can never get bluetooth transfer from windows to phones/tablets in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a bluetooth transfer issue with windows since windows 7. I will pair my android phones/tablets with the pc/s and try to send a file. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ckani, Jul 18, 2017.

1. ckani Win User

Can never get bluetooth transfer from windows to phones/tablets

I have had a bluetooth transfer issue with windows since windows 7. I will pair my android phones/tablets with the pc/s and try to send a file. It usually throws an error. I try re-pairing which works but this issue still exists. Over the years I just assumed Microsoft just did bluetooth poorly and jabbed the usb cable in to do it the old fashioned way which usually handled the issue more quickly than toying with it further.

The devices transfer fine between each other but over the years I have never gotten windows to transfer even one file even between windows devices much less my current androids. A few times I tried to transfer between my notebook and desktop and that too failed always. After all these years it feels kind of foolish to sit down and ask but, really this is the only time I have even taken the time to look into it. Like I say shoving a usb cable or sd card usually got the file moved quicker than the time spent sending,fail, forget, re-pair, send, fail scenario. I have over the years kind of just used bluetooth in windows for audio output for speakers and such and ignored the rest as that seemed all it was capable of doing ok.

So I humbly ask for someone to help me to learn to transfer files from/to Windows.

Here is my latest trial with three paired devices with my lenovo yoga 151kb

File:Old Telephone.mp3 294kb (ringtone)

Lenovo yoga 151kb>Samsung Galaxy s5

Windows was unable to transfer some files

The OBEX service on the destination computer or device is not available or ready for the
    transfer. Please try again. If you cannot complete the transfer, read the manufacturer's
    documentation that came with the device.

Lenovo yoga 151kb>Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro(straight talk phone)

Windows was unable to transfer some files
    A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a
    period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond.

Lenovo yoga 151kb>P0OCC (Asus Zenpad 10 z300m)
    No error appears at all and appears to start sending this small file and just sits there 1/3 finished for 10 minutes until I hit cancel.

:)

ckani, Jul 18, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

How do I get real help from Microsoft

You said your old Samsung phone transferred files to the Lumia via Bluetooth. Then the Samsung would not pair with the tablet. The Bluetooth problem is in your tablet, not the Lumia.

Have you gone to your tablet support to see if there are updated BT drivers?

You can transfer files with an app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/easy-transfer/9wzdncrfhzq8

garym123, Jul 18, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Samsung ATIV S trouble keeping bluetooth connection to Windows 8 PC

Bluetooth connection is supported to a PC or tablet for transfer of files. The downside is it is one file at a time.

Pair the two devices. Start the transfer from the phone and the PC will ask where to put it. Transfer from the PC and the phone asks if you want to receive it.

To receve a file on the Surface you have to select receive a file on the BT icon on the PC and then start the transfer from the phone.

Bluetooth connections are maintained to audio devices. The connection is not maintained to a PC or tablet.

File transfer is supported.

garym123, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Can never get bluetooth transfer from windows to phones/tablets

1. Can never get bluetooth transfer from windows to phones/tablets - Similar Threads - never bluetooth transfer

2. Transferring sound from phone to computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring sound from phone to computer.: Is there a way in the Phone Link app to use the speakers on a laptop or even the audio jack on a computer to play sound from the Android phone instead of it playing from the speaker on the phone?...
  3. Transferring sound from phone to computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring sound from phone to computer.: Is there a way in the Phone Link app to use the speakers on a laptop or even the audio jack on a computer to play sound from the Android phone instead of it playing from the speaker on the phone?...
  4. TRANSFER APPOINTMENTS FROM CALANDER TO PHONE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TRANSFER APPOINTMENTS FROM CALANDER TO PHONE: WHEN I INSTALL APPOINTMENTS ON CALANDER THEY DON'T SHOW ON PHONE CALANDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-appointments-from-calander-to-phone/2f4384f1-871d-4094-909f-ee1c929b25ca
  5. Transferring pictures from phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring pictures from phone: I have an early model Google Pixel that has photos on it yet when I plug the phone into the computer via USB cable and go to This PC and click on Pixel it says no data found on this device . Anyone know how one can transfer pictures from the phone to the desktop computer...
  6. Transfer from PC to Cell Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from PC to Cell Phone: I cannot figure out how to transfer individual documents, pictures, etc to my cell phone. Pc to cell. I found an easy way to do it using file explorer, highlight the document, click copy but my Lg Android is no longer listed in the drop-down menu. My phone is connected to...
  7. Transferring music from PC to tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring music from PC to tablet: I am trying to transfer some old CD's that I have copied to Windows media player onto my Lenovo tablet but despite having a US cable connected between the two when I try to sync the music I see a message saying 'connect a device'. As it is connected I can't see what else I...
  8. Contact transfer from Windows phone to iphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contact transfer from Windows phone to iphone: Need to transfer contacts from Windows phone to iPhone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/contact-transfer-from-windows-phone-to-iphone/c9fa3a60-1ca7-43f2-9e31-0bee66412a2d
  9. Getting bluetooth connection from phone to laptop to transfer pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting bluetooth connection from phone to laptop to transfer pictures: I recently acquired a new HP laptop and it is working wonderfully. However, I am having a problem. The people at my retailer assured me that since both my cell phone and laptop were Bluetooth-engaged, I could transfer pictures from my phone to my laptop. However, when...
  10. Access Android phone/tablet from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Android phone/tablet from Windows Explorer: According to Google search, if one turns on Remote Manager in ES File Explorer on an Android device, one could access it from Windows Explorer, by creating a new Network Location (example: https://www.maketecheasier.com/acces...-from-windows/). Nevertheless, after I create...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. galaxy j7 sky pro . install conectiion bluetooth windows 10