Windows 10: Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

Discus and support Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everything was working fine a couple of days ago. Yesterday could not access my optical drive. Ran a restore point to a couple of days prior and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by StevenVanetti1, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

Everything was working fine a couple of days ago. Yesterday could not access my optical drive. Ran a restore point to a couple of days prior and the optical drive worked again but the Windows Search box wouldn't work and Chrome wouldn't load. Undid the restore point this morning and I'm back to no optical drive but the search box and Chrome is working again. How do I get my optical drive back?Device Manager shows a yellow triangle next to "ASUS DRW-24B1ST j". When I check the properties, the Device Status box shows, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration informa

:)

StevenVanetti1, Apr 9, 2022
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Apr 9, 2022
  3. LemP Win User
    Optical drive letters keep swapping

Open Disk Management (click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Search box, and press Enter).

1. In the lower pane, right-click on your optical drive and select "Change drive letter and paths"
    2. Assign Y: to the first optical drive
    3. Repeat step 1 for the second optical drive and assign Z:

LemP, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Steve –
    Again, my thanks for supplying detailed pictures and steps. They really help.
    The following are screenshots of where I am.
    Screenshot 23 shows confirmation my Registry was changed.
    Screenshot 24 shows the list of “Send to” names including the CD shortcut.
    Screenshot 25 shows the “Send to” list, but the CD name is still not listed.

Jerry

Jerry8A, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

1. Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive - Similar Threads - Longer Access Optical

2. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  3. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  4. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive: Everything was working fine a couple of days ago. Yesterday could not access my optical drive. Ran a restore point to a couple of days prior and the optical drive worked again but the Windows Search box wouldn't work and Chrome wouldn't load. Undid the restore point this...
  6. Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can No Longer Access My Optical Drive: Everything was working fine a couple of days ago. Yesterday could not access my optical drive. Ran a restore point to a couple of days prior and the optical drive worked again but the Windows Search box wouldn't work and Chrome wouldn't load. Undid the restore point this...
  7. Unformatted disks not accessible for formatting in optical drive

Unformatted disks not accessible for formatting in optical drive: Unformatted CD's or DVD's are not recognized and there is no format command option when I right-click on the drive in Explorer. I can burn videos and photos to an unformatted disk using a burn program but I cannot write files or format an unformatted disk when attempting to...
  8. Loss of optical drive on first access

Loss of optical drive on first access: Loss of optical drive Hi, looking for information on the above problem, system specs below with additional info: Win 10 Home 1803 Install 06-10-18 Build 17134.345 On DELL desktop Inspiron 3470 i5-8400 @2.8GHz 8GB ram 64 Bit OS on X64 based processor Last update: October...
  9. My Optical Drive

My Optical Drive: How do I tell if my optical drive will play a MP3 disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-optical-drive/5a357e41-e13a-4433-b653-c938385f696c
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14